• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coolant leaking onto the track

F
Dec 13, 2017
I have a new 17 M 8000 with 0 miles on it. After I let the sled run for a few minutes at idle I turned the track over last night and noticed some coolant on the track. Based on where it was, it has to be leaking from the top of the heat exchanger but off the middle on the clutch side. I looked up the schematics of the cooling system and noticed the coolant tank is sitting pretty much right where it was dripping onto the track.

Heading on a trip tomorrow morning, think it's a loose clamp? Or could it be over flow from too much coolant in the tank? Not sure if idling for a few minutes would make it overflow though. Thoughts?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
If the sled is brand new it may just be a clamp that took a second to seat. You should be able to see all the clamp areas to see if they are leaking. Also the overflow could be the source, but the check engine light should come on before it reaches that point.

F
Dec 13, 2017
If the sled is brand new it may just be a clamp that took a second to seat. You should be able to see all the clamp areas to see if they are leaking. Also the overflow could be the source, but the check engine light should come on before it reaches that point.

Thanks! What's the best way to access the clamps to tighten them? If I remove the secondary clutch would I be able to access them?

Y
Oct 18, 2010
Marquette MI
I know on dirt bikes if you fill the coolant when the bike is cool, the first time you run it up to temp the expanding coolant will force the extra out the radiator cap. After the first expansion, no more leaks. Could just be that?

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
Mine just did this when i was loading into the trailer last week after being in the shed all summer. Pulled it back out of the trailer a couple days later to investigate and it didnt do it? Has 200 or so miles on it and has never done it before. Will pull secondary tomorow and check. Thanks for this thread :face-icon-small-coo

Jan 19, 2013
Bluffdale
Had this issue with mine. I pulled the hood off and tightened all the hose clamps.
Cleaned off the residue and went riding last weekend for 3 day’s, no more issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F
Dec 13, 2017
Just want to update the thread.I ended up just removing the secondary clutch and tightening the 3 hose clamps behind the clutch. Brought with extra coolant, hose clamps, and tank caps (NAPA) just in case. Ended up having no issues, other than just being a little nervous the first day! Thanks for all the help!

Premium Features