• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to ride in Colorado??????????

I am going to Denver area in February and I want to rent a sled or two to do some riding. Can anyone recommend an outfit and where would one know where to ride. I want to do some boondocking and a little climbing. Just want some great powder.

I am thinking me and my brother in law will be riding on tuesday Feb. 8th. He has very little riding experience so a 600 would be fine for him. I was hoping to rent a 2011 rmk 800 or a M8. I am considering buying one of the two sled for next year and I wanted to try them out first. I am familiar with the XP 800 and I know how they handle so I would prefer to try another brand. Do you know of anyone that will rent a 800?

Thanks.

MTNMAN800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Denver Colorado
Be very carefull about wether or not you can get insurance on the sleds. The last time I rented sleds in CO nobody offered insurance. That may have changed since it has been a few years but If you take out some A arms or total a sled your neck is out there for the replacement cost of whatever your break if you don't have insurance.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Be very carefull about wether or not you can get insurance on the sleds. The last time I rented sleds in CO nobody offered insurance. That may have changed since it has been a few years but If you take out some A arms or total a sled your neck is out there for the replacement cost of whatever your break if you don't have insurance.

And read the fine print on rental insurance if you get it (and ask questions). While in West, a SW member from Norway rented a sled and took out the A arm. Seems that there was a $1000 deductible, so he wound up out of pocket $550. :face-icon-small-sho They recommended the rental insurance, but neglected to tell him anything about the deductible.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
And read the fine print on rental insurance if you get it (and ask questions). While in West, a SW member from Norway rented a sled and took out the A arm. Seems that there was a $1000 deductible, so he wound up out of pocket $550. :face-icon-small-sho They recommended the rental insurance, but neglected to tell him anything about the deductible.

that is rediculous, its dealers like this that really piss me off. do tell us where this happened so we can steer clear of them

Premium Features