For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Currently: Looking forward to the weekend.
Basic Member
Jason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any new suspension options for 2020?

Now that we've passed the summer solstice and the days are getting shorter I'm starting to think about what I want to do to my sled before next winter. I might try to grab a deal on some leftover 2019 Fox IQ shocks but was curious if anyone has heard of any updates for 2020 that I should wait for instead.

I'm looking for nicer suspension for my 2018 Summit SP 165. I ride PNW heavy snow off trail near Mt Baker. I'm not much of a jumper but would like to get better at technical tree riding. I feel like getting this sled at the beginning of last winter helped my riding a lot and things "clicked" for me this last winter.

Thanks!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 07-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Currently: Wanting more snow
NHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeNHRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Last year I bought a set of X package shocks off of Ian at Monster Performance. He re-valved them for me and I ran them all last season. Loved them.

This is a lower cost option if you are looking to save some money.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NHRoadking For This Useful Post:
Adam12 (07-09-2019), Jason4 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 08:09 PM
Basic Member
Jason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond reputeJason4 has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking it would be nice to get something with adjustable damping to switch back and forth between trail and mountain settings. I've ridden a friend's sled that is basically the same as mine with Fox Shocks all the way around it feels pretty good.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Currently: Not set.
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4 View Post
I was thinking it would be nice to get something with adjustable damping to switch back and forth between trail and mountain settings. I've ridden a friend's sled that is basically the same as mine with Fox Shocks all the way around it feels pretty good.
No experience with Doo shock options but I have been happy with a set it and forget it revalve vs Fox QS3s or Raptors (have had both). If you like adjusting and messing thats fine, but I’ve found that a prefer to have a setup that works well across the board and is predictable and handles the same everywhere all the time. Have not heard alot of good about the Fox packages that Skidoo offers. I would look at something from Toms if you go that route.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to goridedoo For This Useful Post:
Jason4 (07-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Basic Member

I do like to tinker but the truth of it is I never put much priority on performance on the trail. As long as I can get to the woods and then through the woods to the open bowls and pow I'm pretty happy. Good thing it's summer and I have a bit of time to think about it.

Thanks all for the input.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Currently: is it Khaos time yet?
Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,511 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute

My only words of advice are value the trail performance. Pounding down a whooped out trail takes more energy then most guys would imagine. The less energy your wasting getting to and from the hill the more energy you have for fun on the MTN.

The Fox QS3R coilover shock package is pretty nice. The first year setup they offered was way undersprung and valved. Not that impressed with them. Last seasons offering was calibrated WAY better.

Im a big fan of the quick switch setup as 95% of riders have no use for 20 clicks of adjustment. Low/med/hi type settings are a lot more practical and actually get used and played with. Most guys I know (myself included) play with the shocks a little when they show up and thats the end of it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wheel House Motorsports For This Useful Post:
BeartoothBaron (07-09-2019), Jason4 (07-09-2019), MountainTrashCat (07-13-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 07:52 AM
goridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond reputegoridedoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel House Motorsports View Post
My only words of advice are value the trail performance. Pounding down a whooped out trail takes more energy then most guys would imagine. The less energy your wasting getting to and from the hill the more energy you have for fun on the MTN.

The Fox QS3R coilover shock package is pretty nice. The first year setup they offered was way undersprung and valved. Not that impressed with them. Last seasons offering was calibrated WAY better.

Im a big fan of the quick switch setup as 95% of riders have no use for 20 clicks of adjustment. Low/med/hi type settings are a lot more practical and actually get used and played with. Most guys I know (myself included) play with the shocks a little when they show up and thats the end of it.
I have the Boorandt QSL rear... and its super cool on the trail because there is a VERY noticeable difference each time you turn that knob, but you have gotta be ready when you turn that thing off trail, because the sled handles completely different. Really thought I would like the lock feature, but almost ruins the handling IMO, and *sadly* never really got in that situation where I absolutely needed it.

I do agree that the quick switch knob will get played with/used more. I set my raptors and pretty much ran them from that way for the remainder of the season. I play with the QS3 on about every ride.

And to answer the original posters question, I haven't heard of anything new, guessing Raptors best option will still be the Kinetic and Fox will start pushing the IQS. Both expensive options.

Last edited by goridedoo; 07-11-2019 at 07:55 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goridedoo For This Useful Post:
Jason4 (07-17-2019), MountainTrashCat (07-13-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Chadly has disabled reputation

I agree about lockout being useless. I couldn't ride the sled with the rear locked out. I'm also suspect of the iQS being nobody at BBA ran them on their personal sleds. I have the QS and I definitely run them on soft on the trail and medium when I get off. And if it's super deep I run the fronts on firm. The ability to quickly switch is very valuable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chadly For This Useful Post:
Jason4 (07-17-2019)