• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 mountain max

O
Nov 26, 2007
Gig Harbor,WA
Can anyone give me pointers on upgrades that can be done to my first sled?It had reed spacers and tripple pipes on it when i bought it, is thier any other mods that will help it run better ?

Thanks
Todd

A

attak06

Dec 23, 2007
st. cloud mn
mm

take out one layer of head gasket, runs much cleaner. a different set of clutch weights, 8ca's work great with the pies and a roller secondary.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
If it is Clutched and Jeted properly it should rip.

I used to drill out the Air-box shelve Give it about 25%more Airflow

Do the same under the foam cover on the Airbox ( there is plenty room Ahead of the intake slots) ------More Air neede for pipes--------------
Than drill 3 holes in the Airbox by the carbs as soon as it warms up and or you are up high where others re Jet --- just put the carb vent lines inside the airbox this will lean it out about 1-2 jet sizes no more jeting ever.
If you ride in extreme cold weather down low tape up the extra holes under the foam on the Airbox.
I rode mine from 2000 feet to 8000 feet and never changed Jets total cost $0.00
It has over 8000km on it with pipes reeds spacers ported the works and the engine has never been opened.
Gave it to a young kid last year he is still having fun with it.

C

cheddar brawt

Dec 25, 2007
Yeah, drill out that airbox. makes a big difference in air flow. www.totallyyamaha.com has a tech page that shows you how. I did everything you can on my mm. Go to www.hartmaninc.com, ive been very pleased with all toms products. He has a great selection of products for the mountain max.
C.B.

a well clutched and jetted piped mm700 is still a force to be reconed with as far as power goes. chassis have come a long ways and weight has gone down, but the yammy is right there on power and leads the pack on reliability.

run only the yamaha belts......they are bulletproof

the stock yoko track is pretty heavy but works ok, if you have some $$ to spend, find a 151 or better....odds are it will be lighter and treat you better.

bar risers and a lefty will help you flick it around easier....lots easier.

unless you really like to trail ride, axe the sway bar.

I have a roller in one and the stocker in another.....the roller does backshift better......I don't think I would buy it before a track, but if you find one for a good price jump.

mpi transfer rods are pretty handy too.

good luck.

R
Dec 28, 2007
I use the dayco belt, it works better and does not slip. Is your belt sitting up out of the 2nd clutch about 1/8".... shim the center to achieve that. I run a multi-angle helix which also helps. I have a similair setup and it rips pretty good!
What pipes are you running?
Do you have aftermarket skiis.
I agree with the above post about ditching the yoko track... a camoplast 144 or even 151 would be great.
Is it geared down? It should be around 1:1.

R

Premium Features