• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Error Code 84 and Gas mileage on my 09 Apex mtx

C
Mar 15, 2009
Labrador
The other night I recently got the code 84 on my apex mountain and it only had 400km on her at the time. I seen its the TORS override when I looked at the codes but what is causing this? I was out riding with my friends and didnt want to go home so I shut her off and went on again and it worked fine. It did this about 3 times. And how can it be solved? I was out riding yesterday for about 2 hours and it never came on at all.

Aswell my gas mileage seems to be as good as a arctic cat? Something is wrong. I get 80-90km out of a full tank. I dont ride hard. What could be the issue. I thought 4strokes were the gas savers? My sled isnt broken in yet but I see vectors, phazers and nytros getting 200km+ on a tank. My basic riding is bits of trails, drifts, hill climbs and boondocking. I dont put her over 8000rpms(60-70km/h) because she hasnt hit the 500km mark yet according to the manual.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Throttle cable is adjusted just a little too tight. Loosen it a bit and your code issue will go away.

As for fuel milage, the low fuel light comes on pretty early. Many times when the light comes on you still have 3-4 gal of fuel left. Put a 2.5 gal can on the back and run the thing untill it runs out of fuel if you really want to see what the range is.

As for your 8,000 rpm thing.....Start doing some wide open pulls on that thing before the rings are glazed!!!

It will get much better gas milage when you start riding it like it should be ridden. Eric

C
Mar 15, 2009
Labrador
Throttle cable is adjusted just a little too tight. Loosen it a bit and your code issue will go away.

As for fuel milage, the low fuel light comes on pretty early. Many times when the light comes on you still have 3-4 gal of fuel left. Put a 2.5 gal can on the back and run the thing untill it runs out of fuel if you really want to see what the range is.

As for your 8,000 rpm thing.....Start doing some wide open pulls on that thing before the rings are glazed!!!

It will get much better gas milage when you start riding it like it should be ridden. Eric

I do let her go over 8000 when im in the open ranges or mountain climbing. I also pin it for drifts and such.

As for the throttle cable it shouldnt be tight at all. I had the throttle cable extended so I could use my 8" mworks riser. So that shouldnt be a issue. What would cause the low light to come on if I still have that much fuel left?

T
Nov 28, 2007
Just because they put a cable extention on the throtle cable does not mean the cable adjustment is in spec. It could still be too tight. You should check. my 0.02

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i can get about 130k a tank of easier riding if i'm mainly on trail and only doing a little climbing and boon docking. 200km to a tank? i high doubt that thought. fuel does improve minorly once broken in.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
The light seems to come on when you have 1/3rd fuel left
For your peace of mind you should pack a couple gallons and run it til it stops one day just so you know how long you can go on the light
Also as for range, the tank is probably 7 or 8 liters smaller than the Cat

C
Mar 15, 2009
Labrador
i can get about 130k a tank of easier riding if i'm mainly on trail and only doing a little climbing and boon docking. 200km to a tank? i high doubt that thought. fuel does improve minorly once broken in.

The light seems to come on when you have 1/3rd fuel left
For your peace of mind you should pack a couple gallons and run it til it stops one day just so you know how long you can go on the light
Also as for range, the tank is probably 7 or 8 liters smaller than the Cat

Alright guys Thanks. It puts me at peace of mind that my sled isn't a lemon or something.

M

MEAT

Sep 13, 2008
Castlegar, B.C.
last year I ran a throttle cable extension and a 10"riser. I found that when I grabbed the mountain strap and pushed the extension forward it would sometimes trigger the TORS. This year I re- routed the throttle cable and took out the extension and put on an 8" riser. No problems so far.

Premium Features