• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Video of the new 850 on the snow?

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Matt Entz had one too.

Scott
Since you are the only one that I know that has ridden the new 850, what are your thoughts on track lengths? I normally ride 155s but it it going to be a wheelie monster compared to the 800 HO? What lengths did you get to ride? I want to check one and am thinking 163 might keep it better planted?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've been riding my 2013 Proride 156 with the X3 for about 4 years now. I LOVE that track.
It's held up well and it has behaved very well. I REALLY want to have the X3 on my new sled. But that's a driver change and some other things. It costs a lot of extra $$.

I rode the 850 in the following configurations:

155 x 2.6
155 x 3
163 x 2.6
163 x 3

I don't want a chaincase. I also don't want to spend extra $$ on a conversion to belt drive.

The 3" talks to you more. More vibration on the trail. More hook-up in the snow (and a little easier to bury yourself in the deep) and I got used to throttling it differently. I could depend on that 3" to get me out of things that I would have gotten stuck with on the old 2.4.

I know people who ride in videos that have owned and ridden everything...who are snowchecking the 2.6.

I snowchecked the 163 x 2.6.

Personal choice. Personal preference.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My day with Polaris!!!

I rode with Marty Sampson, the director of the mountain snowmobiles division, and the engineers....PLUS Geoff "phatty" Dyer , Chris Brown, Eric Woog, Ross Robinson and ambassador Darin Pfost!!!

attachment.php

IMG_20180309_102946_263.jpg

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
My day with Polaris!!!

I rode with Marty Sampson, the director of the mountain snowmobiles division, and the engineers....PLUS Geoff "phatty" Dyer , Chris Brown, Eric Woog, Ross Robinson and ambassador Darin Pfost!!!

attachment.php

Side note... I saw you guys roll buy in West Yellowstone and knew I should have followed...would have loved to see those sleds in action...but the fresh snow called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Side note... I saw you guys roll buy in West Yellowstone and knew I should have followed...would have loved to see those sleds in action...but the fresh snow called

What date did you see us?

You wouldn't have been able to keep up. We were on Patriot 850s. Haha.

Though it was -10... We RAILED up the trail and dove into some sweet holes.
Haha

FrankTheTank

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
www.mountainspeedshop.se
Last edited:

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
We saw your group on Sunday morning on your way out. We were headed in due to some issues with one sled. Then later saw the group eating dinner and put two and two together. Enough people were bothering the table so I figured we would leave them alone

Premium Features