• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wash and Dry your Klim and MotorFist Gear

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
Hello:

I posted this a couple of seasons ago so I thought it was time to say it again. We went to a couple of shows and people were surprised when I told them to wash and dry their Klim Gear.

Here are some direct quotes from the Gore-Tex site:

"Wash your garment as often as you need to. In fact, washing and tumble-drying will actually help restore the water-repellency performance of a GORE-TEX® garment."

"There's no mystery here. Just toss your GORE-TEX® garment in the washing machine in warm (104° F/40° C) water. Use powder or liquid detergent, but skip the fabric softener and chlorine bleach, please. Then tumble-dry on a normal warm setting and you're ready to go. That's it. Be sure to read the manufacturer's care tag in your garment for specific instructions."

Here is what eVent, MotorFist Gear, has to say on their web site:

Thorough washing will generally maintain and restore product performance. Regular washing of your eVent garment will enhance product performance. Your garment may be machine washed in warm water (110F / 40C) with liquid detergent, and we recommend a second rinse to remove all traces of detergent from the fabric. We recommend you drip-dry your garment. Remember also to refer to the garment manufacturer’s guidelines. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Never dry-clean your garment.

Take our Snowmobile Survey for a chance to win $100!

Thanks
Mark

Premium Features