• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

97 mm 600 parts?

Dec 30, 2007
sd
Where do you get things like new shocks and those darn clutch rollers that are always wore out...Yamaha parts fiche says obsolete..so now where do you get parts?

F
Jul 24, 2011
skid or ski shocks? there are rebuilders for your ski shocks or you can find some off a newer model that interchange. skid shocks should still be available. check out schmidt bros for a rebuild.

rollers are available as a unit, you can no longer get just the bushing. keeping that clutch clean seriously reduces the wear its known for.

talk to your dealer, dont believe all you read with the online fisches.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
97 seems way to new to be obsolete,,Yamaha dealers have their own network as well for old parts to get filled from all dealers participating in the obsolete fill program..

and ebay has lots of Yamaha parts still in the early 70s

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
skid or ski shocks? there are rebuilders for your ski shocks or you can find some off a newer model that interchange. skid shocks should still be available. check out schmidt bros for a rebuild.

rollers are available as a unit, you can no longer get just the bushing. keeping that clutch clean seriously reduces the wear its known for.

talk to your dealer, dont believe all you read with the online fisches.

You can find good shocks on ebay fairly cheap. I just ordered and pickup new bushings for my rollers last month from my dealer.

F
Jul 24, 2011
LT- what year is your sled and or clutch? the 97 and prior clutches with the 8mm i.d. rollers are the ones that are becoming increasingly harder to get and bushings no longer available. thats what the original poster stated he had was a 97 sled. the 98 and up styles with the 9mm i.d. are still available as bushings only, or rollers with bushings, your choice.

dont confuse a dealer stock with corporate availability, and be sure your comparing apples to apples as not to cause any confusion.

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2004
Nibley, Utah
LT- what year is your sled and or clutch? the 97 and prior clutches with the 8mm i.d. rollers are the ones that are becoming increasingly harder to get and bushings no longer available. thats what the original poster stated he had was a 97 sled. the 98 and up styles with the 9mm i.d. are still available as bushings only, or rollers with bushings, your choice.

dont confuse a dealer stock with corporate availability, and be sure your comparing apples to apples as not to cause any confusion.

Yes I was aware of his sled being a '97. The roller bushing I ordered were for a '97 Mt Max 700. My dealer had to order them. They came in 5 working days after I ordered them.

Premium Features