• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RAVE valve economy/power?

T
Sep 10, 2009
meridian ID
I have a 2000 700 summit and was wondering if anybody messes with the adjustment on the raves to tailor the sled to the type of riding or the distance you want to go? What kind of mileage difference will they realize, if any?

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
Mine are set flush with the cap....i have had them in and out but the best for my 800 has been flush...i know that does not help...thats where i found no bog or lag

T
Sep 10, 2009
meridian ID
thanks, thats where all mine have been set as well. I know that low exhaust port height engines get better mileage, which in effect is what the rave does at low speed. So when you adjust them all the way in it should hold the valve closed??? This is just theory mind you, i just wanted to know if somebody had any real experience. I guess I will have to be my own test dummy.:face-icon-small-sho

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
thanks, thats where all mine have been set as well. I know that low exhaust port height engines get better mileage, which in effect is what the rave does at low speed. So when you adjust them all the way in it should hold the valve closed??? This is just theory mind you, i just wanted to know if somebody had any real experience. I guess I will have to be my own test dummy.:face-icon-small-sho

They don't hold them closed, they simply won't open as soon. That gives good low end pop and better mileage and is where they need to be for sea level riding. At altitude you want them to open sooner for more power when on the throttle with less heat soak - best for mtn riding. I've messed with them quite a bit. The more mods you do to your exhaust/motor, the less RAVE spring pressure you want or you risk detonation. With a stock motor, go 1.5-2 full turns out for mtn riding.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Premium Features