• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M8 BD pump gas Quistion

L

leeindubois

Nov 20, 2007
Dubois, Wyoming
Ok so I have a 2009 m8 with a boondocker pump gas turbo. I do not know alot about turbos. I am running 91 octane in it and there is no intercooler. I have the boost set to 7.3 lbs right now. I just talked to the dealer and I have 50 gallons of 111 octane fuel I need to use so I asked if I could mix it in my sled and turn up the boost.

He said that I could run 1/3 race gas to 2/3 pump gas and turn my boost up to about 10 lbs. Would this be safe. I dont want to blow the engine I just want to turn it up and use the race gas.

My main question is I do not know alot about the fuel setting. Right now the sled rips. Will I have to change my fuel settings and injections and all that when I turn up the boost and add the race gas.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks
John

Oh Also It is clockwise to turn the boost up correct? And 7 clicks for 1 lbs? thanks

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Not true

What determines how much boost is your duty cycle. Go into were you get your boost reading and the second screen will tell your duty cycle you do not want anything over 95 in that second #. It will read something like 67/99

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
good luck getting 10lbs on a pump gas kit in togwotee. I am here right now and yesterday saw 98% DC at 8.5lbs.

If your sled rips and you don't know how to adjust things, why not just run it as is and smile?

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
Settle in to the idea that 8lbs is sufficient on the M8PGT. Cause out of all the peeps who are running them, the average max of duty cycle is at 8lbs of boost. I personally run 20% of 110 race gas per tank to counter possible detonation on the trail more than riding at elevation. So far, the top end looks very nice, and she performs well.
BB

L

leeindubois

Nov 20, 2007
Dubois, Wyoming
Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. The thing is I just have 50 gallons of race gas I need to get rid of. So will i be safe to just mix 1/3 to 2/3 in my gas turn up my boost to 8.5 lbs and go?

B
Dec 14, 2009
wyoming
Sounds like your running about the same set up as I am, I am not running the stock y-pipe and I run my boost at 8.5, DC is about 90 at average elevation of 8000 and up. I run two gallons of 110 to every tank. I have 1500 miles of pull and go.

L

leeindubois

Nov 20, 2007
Dubois, Wyoming
ya

ya thats exactly what i wanted to do. I think i might try it. so far i have 800 miles and it has just been pull and go on just 91 octane at 7.3 lbs so i think i will turn it up to 8.5 and add some 110 for giggles and see how she runs

I

ikold

Dec 2, 2007
You won't hurt a thing by running higher octane. It when you go to lower octanes that you have problems. You may not need to run the higher octane at 8.5lb's but its cheap insurance. Especially since the quality of the regular fuel supply is so wildly different. I would suggest always putting a little 110 in there since you have it.

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
Are you understanding that to know if you can run more boost you need to check your DUTY CYCLE in your Boondocker box. If you are at 95 or higher adding 100% race gas will not save your motor. Once your duty cycle goes over 99 you have maxxed out your injectors. Just making sure you understood that point.

Rogie1220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, Sask.
By going up 1 lb. of boost you are going to add only about +/- 10 hp. Is the extra 10 hp worth the extra cost in fuel and possible motor parts ?? If she rips at 7.5 lbs. and not taxing your DC don't push it!!!! If you want more zip go to a race gas kit.

Premium Features