• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is polaris going to fix 08 d8 problems for 09?

A
Dec 16, 2007
I just pulled the trigger on a 09 d8 163. Is polaris going to fix the helix or any other items (venting) in the clutch that cause belt heating and exploding? Also, I have talked to numerous people that are concerned with the track ratcheting problem on the 08 that results in a overly tight track and loss of horsepower? If not, what is the required mods to get them to run well without going through belts? Can't wait til fall (hoping for a dec. 1st delivery)

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
My D7 had the track ratchet issue right at first but after the hyfax wore in a bit and I played around with the tension to find the "happy" spot it virtually went away. If I hit a big hole while going up a hill under full load with very little momentum it will still do it but I would say this year it probably happened 1-2 times at most. So few of times it's hard to remember when it happened.

Venting from what I seen in the brochures and at the sneak peaks looks the same. I'm hoping a venting addition to mine and maybe 1 tooth less on the top will solve my deal.

Can't speak for the helix?

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
it will probably be like every other sled on the clutching and you will have to fine tune it. I will be installing a vent kit on mine.

undergroundrmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Craig, Colorado
Rode the 09 800 RMK 155 yesterday seemed like it pulled hard no rachet while climbing, liked the new bars would have liked to ride it for an extended period of time to see what it felt like after you were comfortable with it.I like the new look of the front end also makes my 08 look pregnant with the bulgy plastic, seems wierd with the A-arms not having the body covering them kind of looks cool and scary at the same time kind of like Yamaha leaving the A-arms unprotected. All in all liked it.

Premium Features