• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 T1100 Vertical steering post???

S
Apr 9, 2009
Canada
I just ordered a XF1100 TURBO 141 LTD and I was wondering if their is any possiblity that CAT might change their minds and put a forward adjustable /telescopic steering post like the 2 strokes?

My dealer states that I cannot even switch out the posts if it does infact come in with the crappy steering post? Can anybody shed some light on this since I am totally new to CAT and my dealer is kinda simple and not really into mods at all.

Thanks!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I just ordered a XF1100 TURBO 141 LTD and I was wondering if their is any possiblity that CAT might change their minds and put a forward adjustable /telescopic steering post like the 2 strokes?

My dealer states that I cannot even switch out the posts if it does infact come in with the crappy steering post? Can anybody shed some light on this since I am totally new to CAT and my dealer is kinda simple and not really into mods at all.

Thanks!

Ive heard you can order your M with the vertical, but as for your CF there will be an aftermarket kit possibly a cat kit.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Steering post

Thanks!

First I would look for another dealer,, some of the out fits think they are going to make a killing selling a product in an area where there is less competition from the same brand.. If they have no more knowledge than that what's going to happen when or if you have warranty work that needs to be done? Second search this thread,, there are posts talking about this issue which, from what I've read here is that cat will either have the forward post on the 1100 or as an option in the catalog by fall...

snowblind

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
los angeles
www.mtnX.com
to add a universal joint like the one in the picture, you have to add ball joint supports that are secure. if the supports flex, the post will be constantly moving. on a steel frame sand car, it is easy, but with the thinlight aluminum steering loop and other parts on a sled, brackets would have to be added and now people will cry about weight and price and...

$75 each for the ujoint (probably need 2) and then at least 2 support joints ( http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Steering-Shaft-Heim-3-4-Inch-RH,84.html ) then the lock nuts and welding onto the post, or using the slined ones if you want it to be able to come apart....
we charged 550 to do it for a sand car, not painted or powdercoated

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
just seen on country cats fb page that the vertical steering kit is $230!!!! hold

That looks cheap compared to paying someone their time to fab one up plus parts.

S
Agree with both Snowblind and Spoon. $230 is cheap after considering what it would take to properly fab a fix even if you did one yourself in your own shop. I looked at these machines in Puyallup and you can see why they did
not quickly fix the problem from the factory. It is not an easy refit. That being said, it should be an interesting year to see what the folks will do with this new platform and how well it works.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Is very close to the guidance on price Michelle suggested....

Gladly will pay that to have the right set up!!!

Premium Features