• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

has anybody put better boards on there sled

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
OK I will bite....

Answer = Yes. Lots of people actually.

Cut the whole board out it is much easier. You can use a sawzall, a jigsaw, plasma cutter, or a pneumatic recip saw. Pretty much anything will work.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Yep...and they work great...

PICT3726.jpg

R

RMOD800

Nov 18, 2008
I installed them at the beginning of last season. They work well. Snow does not accumulate and they provide good traction. Mine has a small sway in them after a year of use. I didn't expect any thing less. When the running board has 230lbs on it as well as jumping side to side, they should bend a little! I would recommend them!:)

westsledin

Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2008
x2

I have been looking at the same thing. My son and I have his apart. Perfect time for this. I am looking at doing this to my '03 700 as well.

D

dragon68

Mar 27, 2008
Ohio>>>FLAT
What if you placed the boards over the stock boards and didn't cut them out? The under board exchangers will still heat up the add-on and should melt the snow, and you get the better traction. Just my .02!

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
under board coolers

The whole point of the better boards is to let the snow fall through the gapping holes. If you just looking for better foot traction, just modify some aluminum angle to fit in there, cut some saw teeth on the vertical side and rivet them to the boards. just make sure not to drill through your coolers. You would be in it way cheaper.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Get a hold of Rob ( F-Bomb ) and ask him about the Gen II, You never know what you could come up with. But for sure the Better Boards on an Gen II would be a huge improvement, and would be a one of a kind. With a little mobifacation I would think that the boards would fit, The only thing that I see right off is that the old running boards are not built for strenth if you cut out the centers. I do know that you can put a solid rod though the outer roll on the stock boards for strenth, that might give you enough stubility to be able to cut out the centers.

Just my two penny's

Last edited:
Premium Features