For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Currently: loving the M8
goodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond repute
Default What upgrades to do?

I got a completely stock 2008 Yamaha nytro mtx. I am planning on spending 3000 dollars on it. what would you suggest to do?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Currently: Come on Snow
uzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enough

Track

Pipe

K&N's

Programmer

Front Shocks

Old 12-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Currently: come on snow!!
jehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodan View Post
I got a completely stock 2008 Yamaha nytro mtx. I am planning on spending 3000 dollars on it. what would you suggest to do?
if you only want to spend 3 grand i would for sure change the track to a challger exterme that is number one the maverick sucks. next change the rear suspension to timbersled skid lose 40 pounds and a better suspension and if you have a little money left maybe some clutching Those changes will make a huge diff on the nytro and then save up for a turbo

Old 12-14-2008, 02:50 PM
goodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond reputegoodan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzeste View Post
Track

Pipe

K&N's

Programmer

Front Shocks
What pipe?

Old 12-14-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehay View Post
if you only want to spend 3 grand i would for sure change the track to a challger exterme that is number one the maverick sucks. next change the rear suspension to timbersled skid lose 40 pounds and a better suspension and if you have a little money left maybe some clutching Those changes will make a huge diff on the nytro and then save up for a turbo
What size of track would you go with? Also what would you do with the clutching? Would you just do the rear suspension or the front to? Thanks

Old 12-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Currently: work
Basic Member
Timberwolf1050 has a brilliant futureTimberwolf1050 has a brilliant futureTimberwolf1050 has a brilliant futureTimberwolf1050 has a brilliant futureTimberwolf1050 has a brilliant futureTimberwolf1050 has a brilliant futureTimberwolf1050 has a brilliant futureTimberwolf1050 has a brilliant futureTimberwolf1050 has a brilliant futureTimberwolf1050 has a brilliant futureTimberwolf1050 has a brilliant future
Garage

Challenger Xtreme Track (Maverick Stinks IMO)
Mountain Tamer Rear Suspension (Lose 40 lbs)
Fox Floats up front (Stockers suck)

Old 12-14-2008, 04:18 PM
uzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enoughuzeste will become famous soon enough

I would go with any header back system hauck, excell, there is also small shop making some to.

On mine I have an MBRP slip on and a hauck Header The MBRP is the loudest and sound great in the mountains.

I also have a challenger Extreme track with 8" big wheels and hauck K&N intake kit.

I'm not sure on what programmer yet.

For the front I have Fox Floats

I want to change the rear skid too ether timbersled or Kmod. I like Kmod as they build a heavy duty setup for 250 Lbs riders. As I am 6'7" tall 250LBS

The stiring relocation kit is great too

Old 12-14-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzeste View Post
I would go with any header back system hauck, excell, there is also small shop making some to.

On mine I have an MBRP slip on and a hauck Header The MBRP is the loudest and sound great in the mountains.

I also have a challenger Extreme track with 8" big wheels and hauck K&N intake kit.

I'm not sure on what programmer yet.

For the front I have Fox Floats

I want to change the rear skid too ether timbersled or Kmod. I like Kmod as they build a heavy duty setup for 250 Lbs riders. As I am 6'7" tall 250LBS

The stiring relocation kit is great too
You say that you put the 8" big wheel kit on it. Then what size of track did you put on? And will the 16" wide track fit the tunnel? Also with putting on the Fox floats, will that stop the sled from diving unexpectedley?

Last edited by goodan; 12-14-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Currently: come on snow!!
jehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enoughjehay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodan View Post
You say that you put the 8" big wheel kit on it. Then what size of track did you put on? And will the 16" wide track fit the tunnel? Also with putting on the Fox floats, will that stop the sled from diving unexpectedley?
with stock motor no turbo the biggest track i would do is a 162 16 wide challger extreme the 16 will fit with a little tunnel work nothing major just turn some rivets around and grind down some bolts around the drivers area. I have fox floats on mine it does help the diving thing out but it still does it not as bad i am thinking of trying some simmons 2 ski the wide ones out. I would get the ice age rails that are cut for arctic cat axle with 8 inch wheels i would not get those ofset wheel adapter things i think they would break more. The ice age rails are nice you will have to get other rails anways to run the 162 track so get the ice age rails The clutching on a stock nytro i am not sure of because i run turbo but i would get the shockwave helix forsure because they are ajuctable so if you need more or less rpm you can make the change.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Old 12-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
snowy1 will become famous soon enoughsnowy1 will become famous soon enoughsnowy1 will become famous soon enoughsnowy1 will become famous soon enoughsnowy1 will become famous soon enoughsnowy1 will become famous soon enoughsnowy1 will become famous soon enoughsnowy1 will become famous soon enoughsnowy1 will become famous soon enoughsnowy1 will become famous soon enoughsnowy1 will become famous soon enough
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register