• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

College Football!

Who has been watching college football? Been an awesome week 2, ECU first knocks off VA.tech, then goes on to shock #8 W. Virginia, do we have another Boise St. on our hands? OSU had a heck of a time with Ohio, wonder what they will do against SC in the coleseum? Then, well you have all heard it, my poor Huskies just can't catch a break,:( hope the officials had armed guards. Crappy call, I understand the rule, I respect what they're trying to do, but honestly, how often do we ever see "excessive celebration" in college football? Sorry, I'm a little excited that the season's in full stride, sounds like it will be another upset filled year!:D

A
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Who knows what would of happened. The kicker may of booted it into the back of his line again, but I sure didn't need a ref making sure everyone knew "he" was there. Good gawd let em play. How about Jake apologizing after the game for enjoying the game of football too much. They better watch them So. Cal. teams too......fat chance!

C
Dec 13, 2004
Minnesota
That call was horrendous. I bet if someone took the time to review all of the touchdowns that were scored yesterday in every other college game you would've seen the same type of celebration taking place numerous times without the refs throwing a flag :brokenheart:

R
Jan 13, 2008
Utah
Im a huge BYU fan. Agreed, that was lame call at such a crucial time. But BYU did step up and make a play when they needed to. You gotta at least give them that.

Anyway it was a good week in college football this week. After watching Ohio state this week I think they have their hands full with USC.. USC is looking pretty dominant this year.

I love college football.

Yah, I've been extremely impressed with BYU's play. They did what they needed to do, good for them, hopefully they will go and throw a whole new wrench into the equation for the BCS, reason why college football is soooo much better than NFL!

R
Jan 13, 2008
Utah
Thats what were hopin for!! But oh man did you huskies scare the chit out of us yesterday. I'll agree though I have been watching NFL games all day today and i just cant get excited like I do on Saturdays for the games..

Man the BCS is is a crock of shiz tho... I hope there are 2 or 3 teams that throw a wrench in that crap system..

Thats what were hopin for!! But oh man did you huskies scare the chit out of us yesterday. I'll agree though I have been watching NFL games all day today and i just cant get excited like I do on Saturdays for the games..

Man the BCS is is a crock of shiz tho... I hope there are 2 or 3 teams that throw a wrench in that crap system..

Yah, ECU already turned the BCS upside down! I'll bet that Illionois will play spoiler later this year, Juice Williams is older and wiser, and well, the spread-option can be VERY dangerous. UCLA might try to knock someone else even higher off, that quarterback sure looked good after he settled down late! We'll see if Washington can rebound, Locker looked good!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
hey mule, did you see what my falcons did to the pokes this weekend? hahaha - pokes = fail!!!

byu got so frickin lucky... just like the last two years against the utes... lucky... it pisses me off. What a lame a$$ call by the refs... dont worry UCLA is going to work them in happy valley this weekend... i may go to game in some huskie appearal and raise some hell!!!

OSU was simply looking past ohio at this weekends match up. How exciting to have two top teams meating up this early. I will be decked out head to toe in my OSU gear chearing on the buckeyes this saturday! the terrible play could have usc overlooking and underestimating them.

ECU is the real deal, and im on the bandwagon. :D

R
Jan 13, 2008
Utah
How did they get lucky? they "luckily" pushed the huskies line back and blocked the kick? Agreed it was a shtty call but both teams knew what was at stake when they kicked.. How many 35 yard field goals are blocked?? not too many, BYU outplayed them when it counted.. haha You Ute fans dont take your loses well.. The utes were outplayed the last 2 years.

Beck to Harline for the win!! and the Utes are stunned.. ;)

UCLA is going down!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq9SjeyQ8Ns&feature=related

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
BYU game = very bad call's, great finishing play. I don't care how many games Washington loses Locker should be the Heisman for sure! It may just be USC standing in the end all by itself with a bunch of teams that are non-BCS then what would they do?.....give OSU another shoot for the title while ending up getting routed? That makes great football let me tell ya!:rolleyes:

R
Jan 13, 2008
Utah
I agree with you on that.. I think it was either 2 or 3 years ago that Florida State got a BCS spot and they had 4 loses!! Just because they get an automatic bid for winning the ACC!! What a crock-o-chit.. The BCS is fawked up in every possible way.

Dont know if I agree with locker being the heisman.. He is a good quarterback for sure dont get me wrong.. But he really has accuracy issues when throwing the ball.. I dont know how many times he overthrew his recievers in that game.. Especially on that last drive. He had recievers wide open, but didnt make the throw.. They would have scored a lot sooner had he made his passes.

M
Nov 26, 2007
MI
U of M lost to Utah at the big house. Not sure how I feel about that now that I live out here. :confused:

Then again, they lost to Appalachian State first game last season! :D

O

oregunrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Willamette Valley
Huck the Fuskies!!!!!!
I like seein em lose, but that was a joke of a call. Good games this year aleady, UCLA and Tenn. was one of the best ive seen. And I agree, the BCS is not doing what it was designed for. GO DUCKS!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
How did they get lucky? they "luckily" pushed the huskies line back and blocked the kick? Agreed it was a shtty call but both teams knew what was at stake when they kicked.. How many 35 yard field goals are blocked?? not too many, BYU outplayed them when it counted.. haha You Ute fans dont take your loses well.. The utes were outplayed the last 2 years.

Beck to Harline for the win!! and the Utes are stunned.. ;)

UCLA is going down!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq9SjeyQ8Ns&feature=related

Just like you cougs dont take loosing well... The utes were outplayed on 2 plays in the last 2 years and that was it. Complete mental break downs in the last seconds of the games. I credit Bronco for teaching cougs to play to the end, and wish Whittingham would do the same. What i wouldnt give to see undeafeated teams at the holy war this year... oh and FAWK the mountain, comcast and all other shady people involved in that FING mess!!! We should have gotten the ESPN contract the WAC did...

OSU got backed into the national championship last year, they didnt desreve to be there, but due to other teams choking they ended up there, if wells is back this weekend AND at full speed watch out USC...

R
Jan 13, 2008
Utah
Hahaha im jsut razzin ya is all.. I cheer for utah in every game except when they play BYU.. Im hoping for them both to be undefeated till that game.. That will make the game even sweeter than it already is. If they both stayed undefeated the whole season I could see them both being in the top 10 going into the game.

Im rooting for USC this weekend!! But will be at the UCLA game so might miss it

Premium Features