• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helium Jacket

XtDoo

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Pearl City Illinois
Has anybody tried the Ski Doo helium jackets? Is it as good as Klim? I have a Klim Valdez now and its been a awsome jacket, but time to get a new one. Is the Helium as waterproof and wind resistant? Afraid to try something new but like the Ski Doo colors

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I have the jacket I usually wear it skiing. it seems pretty good to me... they cut the front of the neck really low there is almost no collar in the front, I'm not sure why. Chilly on the chair lift on my neck, haven't worn it on the sled maybe its fine with a full face helmet on. at least in my helium 30.

I bought it because they make Tall sizes.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Skidoo does have "Lifetime Guarantee" on their product now. So they are at least in the Klim area on that. May be better in some other areas.

I will agree with backcountryislife on the Skidoo product is the best out there offered by a OEM brand.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I wear helium 50, colour selection is lacking compared to the 30 but the jacket is great. I've worn motorfist, columbia titanium, MEC, mountain hardwear etc and for sledding the helium is what I prefer.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Have worn helium 30 for a year and it held up very well. Breathability was similar to motorfist jacket and Klim (based off Klim snow pants). Kept thinking it was going to tear when rubbing on trees but it never did. Shoulders have minimal bark/sap stains. Got a small laceration from a branch on one arm middle of last season but there wasn't any damage to the jacket. Was surprisingly durable, breathable, and wind proof.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I had gotten the first year release of the Helium 30 jacket. I was wearing a KLIM Jacket, I can say that In the last 4 years the KLIM Jacket has not seen 1 day out of my snowmobile trailer.

Last year I purchased another Helium 30 that was a carry over. I will purchase another this year.

I still have my KLIM Togwotee bibs, and until I find something that fits better will continue to use them.

I am not loyal to any brand, If it fits better, feels better, or works better I will change.

Have worn helium 30 for a year and it held up very well. Breathability was similar to motorfist jacket and Klim (based off Klim snow pants). Kept thinking it was going to tear when rubbing on trees but it never did. Shoulders have minimal bark/sap stains. Got a small laceration from a branch on one arm middle of last season but there wasn't any damage to the jacket. Was surprisingly durable, breathable, and wind proof.

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Love my Helium 30. I got one of the first year jackets as well and it's held up for four years. Considering picking up another this year.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Everybody knows THIS is what the hardcore riders are wearing this year...

10696326_763829380330479_2806220107607209036_n.jpg

Pretty funny, never been that comfy on the trail on a -20 morning though!

Premium Features