• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bog above 3/4 throttle.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
packing

just tip sled on the left side and you can look up the can from the outlet. The snostuff can I have was easy to see all the way through.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
Another thing, I ran the sled up to operating temp tonight. Pulled the plugs and one cylinder was smoking and the other one wasn't. This normal? Just seemed kinda weird to me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
So i did some looking today.
No cracks on the intake boots.
No air leak around the crank.
The reeds are fine.
Plugs are good.
Voltage is good.
The idle settled down today after i put everyhting back together but only after i rev'd it a few times.

If i get on the throttle fast it bogs like crazy and doesnt even rev. If i get on it slow i can get it up to 6000 rpm.

Any more ideas? I really do appreciate any and all help!!!!!!!

S

sw

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
Well personally, here's the list I'd start with. 1. Check out the primary clutch is operating correctly, as well as sec. 2. Pull head & inspect for casting flaws, flatness and look at pistons-wash, crown area, rings & ring lands, as well as what the head bolts themselves look like. 3. Confirm upper injectors are operating correctly. So much fun, so little time!

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
Well personally, here's the list I'd start with. 1. Check out the primary clutch is operating correctly, as well as sec. 2. Pull head & inspect for casting flaws, flatness and look at pistons-wash, crown area, rings & ring lands, as well as what the head bolts themselves look like. 3. Confirm upper injectors are operating correctly. So much fun, so little time!
How do i check that hte primary is running right? And the injectors? How do i check those?

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
So lets ignore the idle issue for a while. Since it goes away after a few throttle ups.

WHAT could be causing the bog? Clutch, fuel pressure, injectors???? WHAT???

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
When was the last time you serviced your exhaust valves?

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
What year is your machine ? '05 or '06 ? Did you do any work on the engine or wiring right before the problem started ? Does it feel like it just bogs out or more like it cuts out ?

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
What year is your machine ? '05 or '06 ? Did you do any work on the engine or wiring right before the problem started ? Does it feel like it just bogs out or more like it cuts out ?
Its an 06. No motor work or wiring RIGHT before. But a few rides earlier i did change the capacitor. But the problem didnt start untill about 3 rides later and it happened mid ride.

I guess you could say it feels like it cuts out more than bogs.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
This may be a dumb question, but have you checked the throttle cable adjustment ? Make sure you have the correct freeplay at the throttle lever for the safety switches to function correctly. My '06 would display similar symptoms to yours when the throttle cable went out of adjustment.

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
This may be a dumb question, but have you checked the throttle cable adjustment ? Make sure you have the correct freeplay at the throttle lever for the safety switches to function correctly. My '06 would display similar symptoms to yours when the throttle cable went out of adjustment.

No I haven't. Ill check that out. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
So wierd thing just now, I went out, start up the sled. RPM immediately goes up to 2000-2100 rpm. So i push the reverse button. Rpms drop, then come back up to 2000 rpm. Push the reverse button again and rpms drop then comeback up to, GET THIS 1500-1600!
WTF is going on???!?!?!??!?!! AHHHHHHHHHHH.

Premium Features