• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket Throttle Body Boots?

M

miko700

Dec 16, 2009
Washington cascade concrete
ima heat taper too

im another guy that put some heat tape on mine when nearly new, 2400 miles now, and they still look great, i also have plenty and always adding another vent yearly though also....for what its worth i have the slp airbox(bought it b4 i realized the fire and ice was the thing and am too fund restricted to change now)and i do seal mine up carefully with some high temp silicone and when i tear it down in the summer its clean in there at least. Also for u guys that are "sticking" with the slp airbox and dont enjoy ripping your bumper off everytime you ahem i mean "your friend" gets your sled stuck. i have a simple 8 dollar fix that corrects the problem. "They" say big snow this year in Washington at least!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TTT..

as anyone tried these yet...i think i will order some just to see how they fit...worth the $15 each regardless if they do or not..

dealer is wanting $55..

JUST MAKE SURE YOU COVER THE TOP OF THE BOOT WITH HEAT TAPE....SO THE Y-PIPE DOES NOT DRY ROT THE BOOTS!!!!!!!

S

sw

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
Definately agree, need to cover the top side TB boots. Don't know about Kimpex, but denniskirk I know, used to have good quality V.E.S. gaskets at the right price. Haven't checked lately. Curious if anyone has actually checked throttle body/boot temps verses coolant on/off through those massive 51mm mikunis with an infra-red gun? If I have to beg, borrow or steal that is going to be on my list when the snow flies...I just need to know, that's all there is to it! & it definately pays not to skimp on good prefilter material on the intake side of things, between belt dust, brake dust and exhaust solenoid smog, honestly I've seen some engine compartments that a Cat, really should bury!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I used 3.50 cent reflective muffler tape from autozone, it's like heat tape without the insulation. Around each boot, then a longer strip that went over both like a shield. Also shielded the TPS and wires that come out of TPS harness. Easy, fun and looks nice.

Same here, Aluminum Foil tape from hardware store. Cover all Harnesses that run near the exhaust and all plastic body work that does too.

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Just seen this. If I seen it last season I would've reported on them. Put them on last fall got from Royal Distributing cannot remember how much but saved a lot over stock ones. While installing checked if the inside was flush and good flow. Perfect fit so no issues there, all the bolt holes lined up great. Put some aluminum foil heat tape while installing. Some of the foil was coming off last week so took off and gave a good wipe and changed the foil, still looks great no cracks and that is with full dynoport exhaust.

So IMO no problems yet after a season think about 1200 miles and a lot of it was wfo. So a great savings with no problems for me.

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
boots

I just bought a set of the Dennis Kirk boots because mine are cracked. They look pretty good in the picture but we'll see.

John

dingalingman1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 23, 2010
Western Nebraska
Got my boots on this weekend, seem to be good quality. sealed up well and no metal showing or bumps like reported earlier. Possibly better made now? Alot cheaper and seem to do the trick.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
BUMP..

great buy on a budget. they are now $20 each, used to be $14 i think.

https://www.denniskirk.com/kimpex/reed-cage-mount-0710305.p184821.prd/184821.sku

i HIGHLY reccomend put about 2 layers of reflective heat tape over the TOP of the boots once they are installed (along with the throttle bodies being installed). this will reflect the heat from the y-pipe that dries the boots out. even if you have to replace the taoe later...

i have not replaced my throttle body boots in 3 season since i put tape over them....

just my $.02

Last edited:
Premium Features