• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What tracks will fit my stock 155" skid?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I have a D7 with the 155" track. I'm looking to put a finger track for drag'n and springtime conditions. I'm curious what size tracks will fit my stock skid as I don't want to change that out.

wyorider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
track

just go to the dealer and get the 155 assault track. it works a lot better than the finger

mgdjeepster

Lifetime Membership
I have a D7 with the 155" track. I'm looking to put a finger track for drag'n and springtime conditions. I'm curious what size tracks will fit my stock skid as I don't want to change that out.
A 155" should fit just fine........ bahahahaha!!!!!!!!! besides what are you goin to be drag'n???? I've only seen you get drug out.......... sorry bud couldn't resist the urge.....

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
You can install a finger track but you also have to replace the drive shaft sprockets with a pitch that fits. Now all that said the stocker tracks have at least two major issues that make them horrible drag and spring snow tracks. They are too long lugged with too little space through the tunnel so windage is a HUGE AND MAJOR HP EATER. Secondly they are horribly soft and offer zero bite as is but have a surprisingly correct lug space pattern. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TRIM THAT SUCKER TO 2"..gain many many lengths in drag racing and spring snow bite without a horrible powder snow sacrefice. Then I like to put small sheet metal screws in them as that stiffens them up even more. YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE NOT TO HAVE YOUR LUGS BE ANY LONGER THEN 2.12 AND BURRY THOSE HEADS A BIT SO IT DOESN'T SCRAPE UP YOUR TUNNEL OR GET INTO A COOLER. RUNNING THIS TRACK SINCE 07 AND IT'S A HUGE PERFORMANCE BENEFIT IN THE HARD PACK FOR CLIMBING DRAG RACING AND OUT OF CORNER TRAIL ACCELERATION WITHOUT A MAJOR LOSS IN DEEP SNOW PERFORMANCE. The cost is minimal and if you feel it sucks you can buy a new 09 155 which is a better all around track then the 07-08 versions. Why spend the money on a track conversion rather then souping up what you've got for now.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
A 155" should fit just fine........ bahahahaha!!!!!!!!! besides what are you goin to be drag'n???? I've only seen you get drug out.......... sorry bud couldn't resist the urge.....

Wow, what a cheap shot. And by the way, I drove my machine out of the back country after that hit.

Truth be told, I don't drag much, but when I do that track just does not hook up.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
You can install a finger track but you also have to replace the drive shaft sprockets with a pitch that fits. Now all that said the stocker tracks have at least two major issues that make them horrible drag and spring snow tracks. They are too long lugged with too little space through the tunnel so windage is a HUGE AND MAJOR HP EATER. Secondly they are horribly soft and offer zero bite as is but have a surprisingly correct lug space pattern. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TRIM THAT SUCKER TO 2"..gain many many lengths in drag racing and spring snow bite without a horrible powder snow sacrefice. Then I like to put small sheet metal screws in them as that stiffens them up even more. YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE NOT TO HAVE YOUR LUGS BE ANY LONGER THEN 2.12 AND BURRY THOSE HEADS A BIT SO IT DOESN'T SCRAPE UP YOUR TUNNEL OR GET INTO A COOLER. RUNNING THIS TRACK SINCE 07 AND IT'S A HUGE PERFORMANCE BENEFIT IN THE HARD PACK FOR CLIMBING DRAG RACING AND OUT OF CORNER TRAIL ACCELERATION WITHOUT A MAJOR LOSS IN DEEP SNOW PERFORMANCE. The cost is minimal and if you feel it sucks you can buy a new 09 155 which is a better all around track then the 07-08 versions. Why spend the money on a track conversion rather then souping up what you've got for now.

Thanks Rob. Did you use a jig or something with a pattern or just cut each lug by hand?

If you are in Colorado, you should bring your sled up here and drag race it. It's a pretty good time and some big sleds show up.

Premium Features