• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pieps DSP

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Picked up a new beacon from grandpaj here on the forum. Smoking deal for $330.00 to my door! Took 4 days from the time I ordered it. The 13 year old Mammut barryvox suffered a cracked lcd screen and I was never to thrilled with it's accuracy anyway. This new tech is so much better!

This is the top of the line for Pieps and I was very impressed with it's ability to zero in on my old beacon from 60 yards out. They do have this model, but with an altimeter, temp gauge, compass for $100.00 more. Neat features, but a $100 gps does all that and tells you where your at! Harness is nice and adjusts to put the beacon wherever you want it. Has the 3 antennae and multiple burial features and is simple to learn. Comes with a dvd that is a mini avi class on disc, though it's in Austrian and captioned to English. Those folks talk funny!

A

AK_ride

Dec 21, 2009
I recently purchased the Pieps DSP also. I got a chance to test it out in an introductory Avalanche Training course along side several other brands. I was extremely pleased with the range, accuracy, multiple burial feature and overall general ease of use.

Premium Features