For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Leewheat is an unknown quantity at this point
Post 2016 summit throttle postion sensor

I have a 2016 summit x and have a starting issue. It only happens a few times a season but a few times the sled will be running fine, shut it off, and it will not start. It acts as though the kill switch or rip cord is pulled off. Nothing. But we seem to pull and pull on it, messing with kill switch, rip cord, tipping it on its side, and all of the sudden just roars to life like nothing happened. Its always happened after a lot of heavy riding, possibly mostly in real deep powder, and never has seemed to be related to the kill switch or rip cord, mostly messing with them cause it was logical place to start. Mostly had results with tipping the machine on its side, (getting pissed and being rough with it) and then it runs. My thoughts are a throttle position sensor or is there a moisture sensor in the air intake system that might be keeping it from running? It happens so infrequently I haven't gotten to worried about it and it has always started after a while, but one of these times I feel it will bite me in the ass.
Also this sled does not have electric start.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-02-2018, 08:29 AM
Basic Member
WyoRado has a reputation beyond reputeWyoRado has a reputation beyond reputeWyoRado has a reputation beyond reputeWyoRado has a reputation beyond reputeWyoRado has a reputation beyond reputeWyoRado has a reputation beyond reputeWyoRado has a reputation beyond reputeWyoRado has a reputation beyond reputeWyoRado has a reputation beyond reputeWyoRado has a reputation beyond reputeWyoRado has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar issue. Sled started great when it was cold, once hot, there would be random times it did not want to start. Turned out to be a fuel pressure issue. There is a lot of info and back posts on this. I took mine to my dealer, he was able to test the pressure and fix it under warranty.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Basic Member

I will look into those threads. Thank you!!

Old 10-10-2018, 08:42 AM
Currently: really wishing it would snow
hillclimbx has a reputation beyond reputehillclimbx has a reputation beyond reputehillclimbx has a reputation beyond reputehillclimbx has a reputation beyond reputehillclimbx has a reputation beyond reputehillclimbx has a reputation beyond reputehillclimbx has a reputation beyond reputehillclimbx has a reputation beyond reputehillclimbx has a reputation beyond reputehillclimbx has a reputation beyond reputehillclimbx has a reputation beyond repute

I believe ski doo has a reflash for a high elevation hot start issue.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:48 AM
Basic Member

Ok. I looked into the fuel regulator threads and feel like that is my exact problem. I am going to tear that apart first and see if that fixes my problem, but will also look into the flash for hot restarts. Thanks.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:06 AM
Currently: Patiently waiting for my '19
Thanked 1,004 Times in 598 Posts
Blk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond repute

Had the same issue with my 16. I had the flash, which did nothing. I had the fuel pump assembly replaced under warranty and the hot start issue improved drastically. I've found that a fresh set of plugs every season helps, no matter what the maintenance guide says....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-11-2018, 09:50 AM
Basic Member

Thanks. Yes after what I have read on the fuel pressure I'm 99% that is my problem. Since warranty is over, I bought just the fuel regulator for ~$50 instead of $400 for a whole fuel pump and regulator. Wondering if I should also replace my fuel pump while I'm going through the trouble of removing it.... Now I'm second guessing not replacing it...