• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Large heated w/shield bag on Pro RMK

S
I'm looking at the large windshield bag that takes advantage of the opening for engine heat to come up into the bag for defrosting goggles/gloves, etc. Can't seem to find an answer to if this will fit with the stock low windshield on a 2016 Pro RMK or if it's designed to replace the windshield.

Anyone have one and willing to throw up a picture?

I see Polaris has the smaller one that looks like it would work but it doesn't look like it's that much bigger than that dumb stock opening to bother.

Here's the one I'm looking at:
https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-ca/shop/accessories/storage-bags/2880374/

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I ran one without a windshield and it worked fine, but I ripped 1 of the 4 mount tabs off so it flopped around. I now have it on under a short windshield, helps keep it in place. I believe they also make one thats more $$ that is meant to be a windshield replacement.

Its not gonna thaw and dry anything out but will keep things somewhat warm. Nice amount of storage. I'll get a picture later.

A
Jan 6, 2017
Alaska
Got one on my Pro RMK. It absolutely won't keep anything warm or defrost goggles as was said, but its a great bag that doubles the space of the compartment in the dash. Totally worth it IMO.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Got that same one on my axys with the mid-high windshield- it doesn't keep squat warm.. One of my clients tried drilling out the holes larger in the hood where the bag sits- and no-soap.. It does keep things dry- but sold as a heated bag... it is that but keep no contents warm at all IMHO.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
good bag

I have one, and yes, it works great with the low windshield. I'll see if I can go get pics. I actually have had a better experience than the other folks on here about getting it warm in there. It certainly isn't super warm or anything - I still am going to get an underhood goggle bag this year - but I do find that it is certainly a lot warmer in there than in my tunnel bag. :) I did drill out the holes more last year and I think I'm going to go drill the heck out of them this year. Shoot, I might just completely cut off the whole thing. I really like the bag, I just think it will work a lot better to keep the goggles dry that got dry in the underhood bag than it did at actually drying the goggles. If I could do a headlight delete kit, then that would be a totally different story, I'm sure it would get really toasty in there.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
597558a176b3ec9c4362c0ae1fbb79a0.jpg

b075591f6ed1b390d2955165806a9423.jpg
c25125e28210ecd61b8b169bc29e4701.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Thanks for the feedback guys and thanks a lot for taking the time to post the pics goridedoo!

I like the way it looks with the short windshield. Just finished ordering one!

I was kind of looking at that underhood bag but I'm undecided yet if I'm going to mess around with the exhaust, and to what extent! :) Should figure that out first then see if the bag will still work.

Premium Features