• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Munsters finger throttle

T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
They are one of the best built aftermarket part you'll find. They also have a guard for it if you ride a lot of trees and are worried about catching it on a tree. If you don't like it as a finger throttle you can rotate it around to a thumb throttle.

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
I run one and will never go back. You can grip the bars completely with your thumb. After a day or 2 it feels natural.

muskiedoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2008
www.icemansmuskieguideservice.com
I have one on my 2015 RMK 800 LE and do like it. However, like mentioned, watch your throttle cable, mine frayed and broke too. Right at the end of the cable where it connects to the finger throttle lever. And the thumb warmer element quit working as well.

B
Dec 23, 2016
Would never go back to a thumb throttle. Feel handicapped on a thumb throttle now.
As for the cable, get the throttle guard Munster sells and it protects your fingers and the cable really nice. I have Skidoo handguards as well for snow deflection/tree branches and that also helps a lot.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
just flipped around the 20th or so stock throttle I've done... takes about 3 minutes, no fraying issues, and if yer a wanker that can't handle finger throttles (THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE!) you can swap it back out in the field in a couple minutes.

I do cut my stockers down with a dremel a bit so that they eliminate that annoying sharp end, I round it off and shorten them.
Super easy.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Love mine.. I have arthritis in my thumb, without it I wouldn't be able to ride much anymore. Don't cheap out, absolutely get the guard. Only complaint the warmer could use some help... His ad claims the XM and the G4 units are incompatible, not sure why??

IMG_0170 (1).jpg

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
My dad has a finger throttle on his. Last year I was riding his sled while waiting for my 850 and I liked it only problem I had was jumping with it. I found that the throttle would get pinned cause I was used to the thumb before and I would always land with the skis up a lot.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Love mine.. I have arthritis in my thumb, without it I wouldn't be able to ride much anymore. Don't cheap out, absolutely get the guard. Only complaint the warmer could use some help... His ad claims the XM and the G4 units are incompatible, not sure why??

The wiring is different for the heater.. could always cut and solder but I think the G4 sleds put out more wattage to the heater element and can burn it up.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
My dad has a finger throttle on his. Last year I was riding his sled while waiting for my 850 and I liked it only problem I had was jumping with it. I found that the throttle would get pinned cause I was used to the thumb before and I would always land with the skis up a lot.

That's interesting, jumping is one of the biggest things I like about finger throttles, way more control.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Is it just the poo guys changing cables? Does poo have a swivel head on the end of the cable like doo?

Premium Features