• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ideas, input

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
New as a baby's first grasp to air to arctic cat, have a 2018 mnt cat on the way, been doing some homework but wanted to get other cat guys must do's and best upgrades/accessories.

I'm not planning on doing a big bore or turbo at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
upgrade

Polaris gripper skis

Canada Sled Parts steering bushing

Belt Drive

L/W can

SSI Y pipe and pipe mod, 9 hp increase no fuel controller, I have not rode or tested either.

Better front bumper

Clutch kit, the stock clutching works good but you may want to customize to your weight and riding style.

I rode the ER and thought it was pretty good as is. The skis,bumper and top steering bushing are a must for me. The rest is nice if you have the extra cash. One last thing you may consider is Oil of Olay to smooth out the wrinkles from your permanent grin. Yes I am envious as my upgrade year is not this year enjoy your new ride.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
riser if youre tall-ish, skis, pro armor tether, 15oz. bottle of chaincase oil to drain n refill around 150 miles,
i just ordered the canada sled parts steering post bushing after a year of riding the stock one gets pretty sloppy.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
My personal list of mods by order of importance on a 2018 would be:

1. Muff Pot
2. Tether
3. Skis. My dads 2017 compared to my 2014 with upgraded front end is less predictable. Stock skis on his and Powder Pros on mine.
4. Adjustable clutch weights since my riding elevations vary.
5. Tube running boards for snow removal and rigidity. The larger you are the more this helps IMO.
6. Can
7. Belt drive
8. 38" front end (my personal preference)
9. Other lightweight parts
10. Add Power

Previous other proclimb "must do" mods like sealing up the plastic are hopefully not need with the new generation bodywork.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
New as a baby's first grasp to air to arctic cat, have a 2018 mnt cat on the way, been doing some homework but wanted to get other cat guys must do's and best upgrades/accessories.

I'm not planning on doing a big bore or turbo at this point.

May I ask what you have done to your past sleds? what sled you coming off of.....fuel....oil.... ride the hell out of it
face-icon-small-happy.gif

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
May I ask what you have done to your past sleds? what sled you coming off of.....fuel....oil.... ride the hell out of it
face-icon-small-happy.gif
2010 skidoo slp kit
2013 skidoo xm stock with simple mods
2014 decked to the nuts / impulse turbo

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Speedwerx is releasing the "handlebar control kit" which will relocate all the HW/TW and H/L beam switches off the handlebars, and get rid of the Bulky Kill/reverse switch configuration. I did a similar modification to my M-series and it was one of the best thing I ever did to that sled. This kit will be plug n play and should make a huge difference

https://www.speedwerxstore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3717

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
1. Gripper Skis
2. WYO/Kmod steering increase
3. BM Fab skinny boards
4. LW Can (diamond S ti quiet)
5. Tether
6. Clutching
7. Better front bumper (BM fab is going to make a good one)
8. Delete snow flap
9. ODI Ruffian grips (I like these a lot better than the oem ones. OEM are too thin and slick)

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
My list is like CO's but in my order I would prefer. Note #1's are a must.

1. Gripper Skis
1. ODI Ruffian grips
1. Tether
2. LW Can (diamond S ti quiet)
3. Better front bumper
4. gearing
5. Clutching
6. BM Fab skinny boards the 18's are skinnier than the 16 back.
7. WYO/Kmod steering increase. I have not tried this yet.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
New Arctic Cat Mountain Front and Rear Bumpers
Arctic Cat Mountain Tube Boards
TKI Belt Kit
Rotopax Fuel and Tool Caddy
Tether
C&A BDX Skis
Diamond S Titanium Can
Risers
Clutching
Speedworks Switch Relocate Kit

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
IMO, id do basic bolt ons such as cans, handlebar control removal kits first, tethers, ect. Ride the sled and figure out what you need to change, Newish platform that should be ridden before throwing the wallet at it. Even with my sks, im only doing super basic easy stuff riding it then going from there.

F

fishstick

Banned
Oct 4, 2014
I agree ride it first. But if I didn't snow check a new G4 850 and ordered the new Cat. I'd be putting on the Barcode 365 kit. I had mine on my Viper set to 34" wide. If you think the 36" is good. Look out. Set to 34" it rides like a bike!! Hoping they're working on a kit for the Doo!!

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
IMO, id do basic bolt ons such as cans, handlebar control removal kits first, tethers, ect. Ride the sled and figure out what you need to change, Newish platform that should be ridden before throwing the wallet at it. Even with my sks, im only doing super basic easy stuff riding it then going from there.
For sure I agree with u there, always gotta do the basics it seems like tho

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
1. Gripper Skis
2. WYO/Kmod steering increase (Personally like the Turcotte post forward as well but the sled doesnt require it unless you like the strength)
3. BM Fab skinny boards
4. LW Can (diamond S ti quiet)
5. Tether
6. Clutching
7. Better front bumper (BM fab is going to make a good one)
8. Delete snow flap

Nailed it. Everyone is underselling the bmfab boards just cuz the new sleds is narrower. The boards are still a monstrous improvement. Narrower, raised, stronger and way better snow evacuation.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
For sure I agree with u there, always gotta do the basics it seems like tho

I dont get why they dont have a tether, you would think that would be basic safety equipment. I wonder if doo has some sort of strangle hold on the factory tether, or something along those lines. You really dont have to do the basics though, i mean a can is cheap weight reduction and a nice sound, handle bar controls is a preference, same goes with everything else.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
I dont get why they dont have a tether, you would think that would be basic safety equipment. I wonder if doo has some sort of strangle hold on the factory tether, or something along those lines. You really dont have to do the basics though, i mean a can is cheap weight reduction and a nice sound, handle bar controls is a preference, same goes with everything else.
I liked my skidoo for that reason no stupid key and already had a tether. Can for sure

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Make sure it's clutched for your altitude and then ride the heck outta it. It's going to be a great sled out of the box. Then add what you feel it needs.

J
Jan 7, 2016
I agree ride it first. But if I didn't snow check a new G4 850 and ordered the new Cat. I'd be putting on the Barcode 365 kit. I had mine on my Viper set to 34" wide. If you think the 36" is good. Look out. Set to 34" it rides like a bike!! Hoping they're working on a kit for the Doo!!

34" hugh!! I love mine at 36" but have been thinking of maxing out the heims and going narrower. Seems to be the way things are going. Narrower panels, running boards etc. seems like the next most logical step. Cant wait!

Premium Features