• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vipec help

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Finally got a vipec to hook up to my pro

Burned two up previously using a lithium ion jump pack

Bryce is too busy with his own stuff but there should be plenty of you guys to help here I hope

This third one is used and had been set up for a different style kit

I actually got this one to start and idle so that's five thousand steps in the right direction

I have no idea how to adjust numbers but have figured out how to turn functions on and off.

Decided to gradually throttle it up to watch numbers and it falls on its face at about half throttle

Being the last guys kit had two injectors and mine has four I turned on the auxillary injector function now it doesn't start.

I suppose since his two injectors were big I'm needing to adjust the stock ones down somehow?

The afr I'm using isn't listed in the drop down menu but the menu has a bunch of different tables, do I apply those to adapt to my aem ugeo wideband?

More questions to come I gotta go

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
I'm going to need a much larger battery. Trying to run the afr and gauge while running the ECU sucks my Milwaukee batt right down. It looked like in that time I did see the gauge reading 19 are and the computer reading 20.9 while while using the pre programmed ngk sensor setting but then the computer started acting up and I lost the programming type screen off the side bar. I'll probably go buy a car battery tomarrow unless there's something better out there.

Looking further into the second set of injectors I see I haven't turned them on quite so my previous theroy is blown out of the water. There's a tab on the side bar labeled auxillary Injection then it brings up an on/off window but that still doesn't turn them on. There's another set of tabs further down the menu to turn on all injectors individually or test them. I was confused why they wouldn't run till just now when I'm typing. Duh there's no power to them until 800 rpm since I put them on the red white wire! I guess I'll try that tomarrow

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Tried to work on it today just to find it somehow faulted out sitting over night and no longer works so that's pretty sweet.

The only thing left to wonder is if this fancy pants vipec needs the factory gauge hooked to it for some unknown reason, well that's not it cause I've bench tested all three on a spare wire harness without the gauge and it works over there. I'm at a loss here

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
with that, I was right about needing to power up the secondary injectors externally to test them. I also needed to choose the correct tab in that side bar. well correct or not I have no idea but I got them to make noise by selecting the "ic spray" tab. no idea what that means but it sounds right?

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Have you tried looking on Vipec's website to see of there's any installation & user literature? http://www.vi-pec.com/

FWIW I remember reading that forum member Kcjepperson used one to get his N/A PAR 910 running when no one else seemed to be able to make those engines run respectably.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
i believe your correct its on the website but I'm pretty sure its the same info in the drop down help menu on this thing I downloaded. its a lot of info about cars, nothing about sleds as far as I could see. I wish there were some kind of troubleshooting thing to it as well but it looks like its just a guessing game

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
When I flip the little switch to "record" while it's running the little light comes on and the heading highlights on the computer screen but where does it go? How do I see what's been recorded? It looked to me that the ECU was reading 37.** Afr. But my gauge was reading g 16ish sounded like crap

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
When you calibrate an O2 sensor in free air it's sending a number down the line I could probably use for some chart in the ECU I suppose, but getting the other end of the numbers? Should I submerge the sensor in a container of gas and it'll send the other number I need?

The book that comes with my AFR says it runs 0-5v but imputing those numbers does nothing, well unless I'm putting them in the wrong spot

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Map and bap supposedly have to be the same. I can adjust them down to about 91-92 but then the numbers are about ten kpa off of what the actual barometric pressure of 101.** . Further attempts to bring the baro up make the map drop to 89 always?

I went and bought a fancy clock at the home Depot that has a baro reading that I'm going off that reads inches of Mercury then applied that to this table
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/resqdyn/articles/ConvertP.htm

So right now the clock reads 29.62 hg so I need 100.3 kp

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Hope this helps....
dd0b61b8364d3e2a70cdbea816b4a565.jpg

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
d32aa8d718661ae7f860f81c635c4a5d.jpg

Try and give this guy a call,he was the guy behind Vipec for sleds.
He should be able to help or at least give you Sebastian's number .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features