• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M5 track extension?

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Would it be an advantage to swap the 141 track with a 153 2.25 powerclaw on an M5. Or does it not have the power to turn it? Was wondering if anyone has done it and what the results were.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I have an m5 with the track out for bearing replacement, have thought a bunch about whether to put a longer track in for my eight year old. Came to the decision that it would be underpowered. Will run a couple more years and sell to a nieghbor with younger kids, then get her a longer track with bigger motor
M5's are relatively hard to find, seem to be a great match to the 141.
She is always the last to get stuck of all our kids, works fantastic for her size.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Thanks for the reply. This sled is a spare for friends to ride who don't have one of their own. It seems like when climbing a hill it will loose traction and get stuck before it looses the power to turn it. But maybe it's just not turning it fast enough to keep from getting stuck. I've been wondering if the bigger track would help, but like you said it might not have the power and might make it worse. It will be a good sled for the grandkids when they get old enough. How old was your daughter when she started riding yours?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I have six kids, one boy.

All started on kitty cat at two,
120 from three to five,
Pogo style phasers from five to eight,
Then on to m series.
Currently:
8 has an m5
10 boy M6 says he has dibs on my 2015 in two yrs?
12. M7
14. M6. Rides m8 whenever she can.
15. M6. Content on m6 for life.
17. M8
Wife. 14 m8
Me 15 m8

We go often on 50-60 mile mtn rides, 8 yr old can go anywhere the others dare.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
That is so cool. Good for you to get them started early. I'd like to see our grandkids start early, oldest granddaughter is 7 and oldest grandson is 6 but boy my wife is totally against it. She's afraid they won't react quickly or hit the throttle instead of the brake and hit a tree etc etc. Sounds like you have some great times.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
That 2.6 would be fantastic.

We've found the younger kids learning throttle response on a walking speed kitty is much safer than a 14 yr old on a 340. ? (Damn cousins)

Makes drivers ed a breeze too.

My mom would freak so bad when we had our first two girls starting that we had to quit inviting her, really sad. She's missed a lot of memorable days.

Never had any kids with sled injuries, scratched paint and broken plastic, but no blood. VERY firm with rules of safety, always attach a consequence to the rule, no compromise creates a safe group. Very important with that many kids.

Premium Features