• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conquer 280

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
so what does the 3" pitch 174 Conquer 280 weigh? edit just checked its 49lbs, what does the stock doo 174 track weigh?

Last edited:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I think you need to check your math. Even with rounding to one decimal point it's only 0.9" of diametrical difference. Which is less than half inch of radial clearance needed.

Just bored, so I checked your math. Regardless of brand or track pitch, I won't run 6 or 7 tooth drivers.

I checked his math. He is correct. 6 tooth is 6.68" diameter. 7 tooth is 7.80" diameter.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Sorry to burst ur bubbles.
Those measurements are guesses and i doubt they are accurate.

GS6

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Sorry to burst ur bubbles.
Those measurements are guesses and i doubt they are accurate.

GS6

They are not guesses, they are the mathematical values for the stated pitch at the pitch line (Not the actual driver diameter but what the diameter is ideally at the cord in the track).

I would assume you are just used to your current chosen manufacture (Arctic Cat) not making drivers that are true to the pitch of the track.

AVID is also known for fudging driver diameter and Pitch to fit certain applications. Which only results in one lug contacting the driver at a time. Which IMO is the wrong approach, but people buy them as there is little choice without great expense to do it correctly.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
So ur "guess" is that Skidoo will follow ur rules and not "fudge".

I am sure ur numbers are close but i doubt they are exact which makes them incorrect, correct?

GS6

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
So ur "guess" is that Skidoo will follow ur rules and not "fudge".

I am sure ur numbers are close but i doubt they are exact which makes them incorrect, correct?

GS6

Semantics; with the information we have, that is what it ideally should be. You can be contray and baulk at the values given, but until it is proven that the claimed 3.5" pitch track has or has not been molded at a 3.5" pitch, it is a moot point.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
the new DS is a 6 tooth 3.5 pitch...

granted thats NOT "exact" but its pretty close...

as for comparing tracks??

the 2.4/2.5/2.6 tracks are pretty irrelevant so the only tracks the 2.8 need to exceed on the hill are the current 3"ers...

time will tell but I will jump on and try, that is what I doo...

NOT the first or last track I have bought-LOL-BJ

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
So the G4 is down to a 6 tooth driver and only 3 can be driving at any time, how low can you go without ratcheting or overloading the actual drive contact surfaces?

The Conquer 2.8 may be a great track but with the increased torque of the 850 and a 6 tooth driver, you may see windows get ripped out. This might happen to the doo track too, especially when turbos come into play.

Also the less drive surfaces, I expect the rougher the feel with more vibration??
Has anyone thought about this or does anyone even care?:face-icon-small-blu

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
For clarification;
Earlier when i commented on guessing and measurements, i was referring to driver dimensions only!
6tooth -7tooth.
Here are a few facts:
1. Cat has an 8tooth driver and a 7tooth driver for the proclimb.
2. 7 is 87.5% of 8, that is a 12.5% reduction.
3. The diameter of the 7tooth driver is less than 9% smaller than the 8tooth.
4. Both drivers fit the same 3in pitch track, even though drivers pitch ranges from ~2.86"- ~3".

So, now that u all have that knowledge you, should understand that the exact diameter of a 3.5" pitch 7tooth driver will not be known till one is made.

GS6

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
So the G4 is down to a 6 tooth driver and only 3 can be driving at any time, how low can you go without ratcheting or overloading the actual drive contact surfaces?

The Conquer 2.8 may be a great track but with the increased torque of the 850 and a 6 tooth driver, you may see windows get ripped out. This might happen to the doo track too, especially when turbos come into play.

Also the less drive surfaces, I expect the rougher the feel with more vibration??

I CARE! :face-icon-small-hap

I've thought about this several times but like some one mentioned earlier, some cat drivers are only engaging one tooth at a time and I haven't really heard of many problems with them. The vibration could be an issue but who knows?

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
The production weight of the 154" track is 40 pounds.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Time will tell. Seems awful light to handle the beating s that can be had in the mountains. Hopefully everyone has
Good luck with it but I think I'm going to sit this one out. 3" tracks will be cheap!

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Robbie do you know what is different about these tracks that make them so light? I know the larger pitch helps some but even the 3" pitch versions are at least 10lbs lighter than Camso's offerings last year. It's not simply a design that uses less rubber is it? What are they doing to keep the strength and lose 20% of the weight.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
For clarification;
Earlier when i commented on guessing and measurements, i was referring to driver dimensions only!
6tooth -7tooth.
Here are a few facts:
1. Cat has an 8tooth driver and a 7tooth driver for the proclimb.
2. 7 is 87.5% of 8, that is a 12.5% reduction.
3. The diameter of the 7tooth driver is less than 9% smaller than the 8tooth.
4. Both drivers fit the same 3in pitch track, even though drivers pitch ranges from ~2.86"- ~3".

So, now that u all have that knowledge you, should understand that the exact diameter of a 3.5" pitch 7tooth driver will not be known till one is made.

GS6

8 x 2.86 = 22.88"
7 x 3 = 21"
6 x 3.5 = 21"

7 x 3.5 = 24.5 (very big)...

I did the 8/2.86 XM drivers in a T3 (regeared accordingly) and a 3" track and worked well, unfortunately the the new 3.5" track wont allow a diff driver (7) or pitch since its waaay diff...

The 162/3" track which will fit with a 8/2.86 driver BUT the rails will be too long for the bigger driver/shorter track...

I am tempted to go 162/2.8/3 pitch, 8/2.86 drivers, switch rails to ice age (better rail curve than stock) and will see at least a 5-6 deg BETTER AOA from this combo but hate to loose 3" of track length...

Pretty deep thoughts for a "parts changer"...LOL-BJ

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota

The "anti ratchet tooth" does not drive the track, the wider inner wheels/lugs doo...

The anti ratchet is just there in case the track is set too loose...

So no worry about breaking windows except from hitting a rock/stump etc...

To break parts you need either a "load" or "impact"...a track "spinning" in 3' of pow is not a load, stock power at high elevation is 120 hp/90 tq so no worries there and of coarse a turbo has more but there is no "load"...

There "might" be a little more vibration in the foot well, but from what I have heard that is not a problem either...BJ

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The drivers I saw in a pre-production demo sled this spring were pretty chewed up and worn. Not sure if the track got loose and was slipping a lot or what happened. Anything could have happened to that thing. Just an observation. Stock 6T drivers and stock track.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Drive shaft diameter

8 x 2.86 = 22.88"
7 x 3 = 21"
6 x 3.5 = 21"

7 x 3.5 = 24.5 (very big)...

I did the 8/2.86 XM drivers in a T3 (regeared accordingly) and a 3" track and worked well, unfortunately the the new 3.5" track wont allow a diff driver (7) or pitch since its waaay diff...

The 162/3" track which will fit with a 8/2.86 driver BUT the rails will be too long for the bigger driver/shorter track...

I am tempted to go 162/2.8/3 pitch, 8/2.86 drivers, switch rails to ice age (better rail curve than stock) and will see at least a 5-6 deg BETTER AOA from this combo but hate to loose 3" of track length...

Pretty deep thoughts for a "parts changer"...LOL-BJ

8 tooth X 3" pitch = 24"
7 tooth X 3.5 pitch = 24.5"
So it looks like if you have enough room to run an 8 tooth 3" pitch drive sproket on your drive shaft you'd be able to run a 7 tooth 3.5" drive sproket.
Right???
If camso would make a longer track than 165" with 3.5" pitch I'd buy it and run it on my turbo charged sled.
Any chance of this happening?

Last edited:
Premium Features