• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seat coming loose on a Gen II?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Let my room mate ride around on my 99' 700 RMK today, and noticed that the seat was 'sliding' back and forth ...

It apparently broke free from whatever support(s) it's mounted to the tunnel with.

How do these things mount up?

How easy are they to take off? I actually also noticed a tear in the seat today as well so I am gonna take the seat off and take it to an upholstry person to have it fixed....

Feb 18, 2008
Should have just 2-4 bolts that come up from the tunnel and there's some clips that hold the seat into some brackets on the gas tank. Just take the bolts out and lift up on the back of the seat and pull towards the back of the sled. Real simple will take you 5 minutes.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Should have just 2-4 bolts that come up from the tunnel and there's some clips that hold the seat into some brackets on the gas tank. Just take the bolts out and lift up on the back of the seat and pull towards the back of the sled. Real simple will take you 5 minutes.

Cool, I'll pull it in the garage tomorrow ... whatever bolts it had I think are probably long gone now however :eek:

Dec 7, 2007
Sexsmith, AB
99??? Should be the one piece seat/tank. The reply about clips to the tank are regarding the newer style 2 piece seat/tank.

There are 2 Torx head bolts at the back corners of the seat, they thread into it from the bottom inside the tunnel. I just pulled mine to put on a Boss seat, had to work a hacksaw in under the seat after snapping a couple Torx drivers, the bolts were rusted all to hell. Other than that, there are a couple snaps at the front, below the tank. You'll see them when you remove the console piece. Will want to make sure the tank is fairly empty, as the whole unit is a little hefty, and kinda bulky to lift.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2008
99rmk700
Thanks for correcting me, forgot the body style change started in 2000 but either way the taking seats off is no big deal.

Premium Features