For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2017, 05:50 PM
Currently: Not set.
ryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baofeng and BCA Radio's

I am new to the whole two way radio,s
I have purchased two BCA Radio's and Two Baofeng uv-5r radio's.

BCA's are pretty easy, what I would like to do is Program the uv-5r's, to the same as the a-f on the BCA's

I have the channel's from the BCA's and have been playing with the chirp software, pretty straight forward, until I try and figure out the privacy codes on the BCA's.

A Channel 1 privacy code off
B Channel 5 privacy code 10
C Channel 4 privacy code 20
D Channel 8 privacy code 10
E Channel 9 privacy code 11
F Channel 20 privacy code off

I read blastco2's post, read the wikipedia article.

My question is has anyone gotten the privacy codes to work?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-02-2017, 10:36 PM
AMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond repute

Link should take you to page that shows what numbers match the frs privacy codes.

I dont have chirp here at home but after the frequency column you set it to "tone" and just put in the matching number for the privacy code.

Ex: privacy code 10 = 94.8

No privacy = 67.0

http://henryranch.net/radio-communic...acy-tone-list/

My set up on the 16 channel Baofengs is 1 - 11 normal FRS with no privacy (channel 1 matches BCA "A") and 12 - 16 set up to match BCA B - F.

Last edited by AMAX; 02-02-2017 at 10:44 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to AMAX For This Useful Post:
ryanjeri (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Currently: Work schedule not compatible with sledding
Drewd has disabled reputation

Are we 100% sure that BCA CTCSS (privacy) codes are the same ones that Motorola uses?

To be 100% sure, a simple frequncy counter with CTCSS decoder is needed http://www.ebay.com/itm/191862691842...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Personally, I think it is safer not to use CTCSS and just use a frequency/channel that is not as crowded.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drewd For This Useful Post:
ryanjeri (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 11:16 AM
inspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond reputeinspector01 has a reputation beyond repute

We use privacy codes with baofengs and BCAs all the time, I've posted the ctcss on here before that works.

The Following User Says Thank You to inspector01 For This Useful Post:
ryanjeri (02-04-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 05:24 PM
AMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond reputeAMAX has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not much of a radio tech but I programmed mine as I posted and it works great with BCA on its default channels.

The Following User Says Thank You to AMAX For This Useful Post:
ryanjeri (02-04-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 09:33 PM
ryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond reputeryanjeri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewd View Post
Are we 100% sure that BCA CTCSS (privacy) codes are the same ones that Motorola uses?

To be 100% sure, a simple frequncy counter with CTCSS decoder is needed http://www.ebay.com/itm/191862691842...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Personally, I think it is safer not to use CTCSS and just use a frequency/channel that is not as crowded.
After reading about ctcss, I am of the same opinion, my only issue is, most people that have radio's that we are riding with are using the BCA, and do not have any inclination to learn more than how to turn them on, and press the button.

The Following User Says Thank You to ryanjeri For This Useful Post:
Mantis (02-19-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 12:58 AM
Basic Member
blastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewd View Post

Why do you think it is safer to not use a tone?

Old 02-17-2017, 02:47 AM
Currently: Work schedule not compatible with sledding
Drewd has disabled reputation

First of all, regardless whether a CTCSS tone is used or not....if someone is transmitting on the frequency then no one else can use it at the same time.

A person who uses a CTCSS tone on same frequency as another person who doesn't use a CTCSS tone won't know (hear) when the person without a tone is transmitting on that frequency. This can cause very spotty communications among tone users on the same frequency.

If a person using a CTCSS tone gets hurt and is in range of another rider or rescuer who doesn't use a tone, the no tone person can hear the injured person's communications but the injured person won't be able to hear the person transmitting without a tone.

I think it is just best to ride with radios that can receive from everyone. If there is a lot of chatter on a frequency then switch to another frequency and that often solves the need for having a tone.

There is a false sense that tones give you privacy and it doesn't help that certain FRS radio manufacturers have "privacy channels" which are nothing but different CTCSS tones on the same frequency. Anyone without a tone and in range can hear all tone and non-tone communications on the same frequency but not the other way around.

I'm not the best written communicator and I hope my explanation makes sense.

Last edited by Drewd; 02-17-2017 at 02:50 AM.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:13 AM
Basic Member
blastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond repute

I use a tone so that, I dont have to listen to the frs toy noises, operators yelling at their mic cause that will make it talk further, ect. On the rare occasions that we have gone without a tone, it drove me near crazy.

Ran into some riders that are radio neophytes. Had themselves some brandy spanking new boafengs w/speaker mics. Using just whatever freq was programmed in when the radio arrived. I asked and was told 453.???.... I tried to splane to them that was not a good choice..... they werent having any of it.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:25 AM
Currently: Working not sledding....this sucks
Phat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the BC link frequencies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BC Link Frequencies.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	286327  
Stock
2014 Cat M8000 SP 153 ES
Wifes Sled.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phat Cat For This Useful Post:
NorthMNSledder (10-05-2017), Timbre (10-05-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Currently: Wishing I lived closer to the top....
Mort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond reputeMort2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 10-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Currently: powder bound
Sled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Currently: powder bound
Sled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond reputeSled208 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Currently: Building out a trailer.....
Thanked 3,331 Times in 1,878 Posts
NorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond reputeNorthMNSledder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Currently: Working not sledding....this sucks
Phat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond reputePhat Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register