• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'06 - M6 mods

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Don't mess with a y pipe unless yours is bad. I have gone through 2 stock ones. They break/crack at the weld seam on the inside of the Y. Aftermarket ones won't add any HP.

My sled was an M6 and ran like crap. I put an M7 top end on and you can litterly tell it has 20 more horse. I have an extra M7 top end lying around that I would part with at the right price.

Get rid of the stock white spring in the secondary at a minimum. Machine the clutch to a 10.4 if you have the resources. I wouldn't spend one dime on the engine unless it involves making it a M7 or larger.

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
I agree with the above. My m6 ripped pretty good with the right clutch setup. But, with only 5 miles on my m7 topend big bore I can really tell the difference. I found a deal on ebay 2 jugs 2 pistons 700 head, y pipe, and 700 pipe for 500. If you look they are out there. But, I will let you in on a secret, the worst thing about an 06 is the ecu. You will have to either find a different 700 ecu or put on a fuel controller. Good luck.

johnny

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
The stock y pipe and can are identical to the M7. The pipe is also the same, but the M6 has a temp sensor in the pipe that you just wouldn't hook up if you used an M7 ECU. You do need powervalves from a 700 to complete the switch.

I am running a 06 M7 ECU with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator set at 42 psi and it is the best running M7 of the group.

Premium Features