• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Deleting Oil Injection on C-Tec2

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Things have come a long way since the days of premixing I agree 100%. And I'm not at all saying oil injection is a bad thing. All I'm saying is I have had better luck with engines on premix. So I'm going to continue that.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
And by the way oil injection has nothing to do with longevity of a 2 stroke engine.

Thanks for contributing.

How about this then?

How can you say oil injection has nothing to do with the longevity of a 2 stroke engine. If you dont want smart *** comments dont make dumbass statements.

Delete it on the axys 800 and see what happens. Delete it on the doo and see what happens. Then onto the cat. They designed the injection system to be spot on for the new engine design. Does that mean an oil delete won't work? Probably not, but to say oil injection has nothing to do with the longevity of a 2 stroke is flat out wrong.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Apparently you have no idea how a two cycle engine works. Which is fine. Also your saying every single oil injection system is spot on? Ratios are perfect? Absolutely not! I have seen three of thee exact same sleds all bone stock be completely different. And maybe try contributing some useful info instead of calling people out. I'll bet you won't be posting as much

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
And honestly I have no idea how accurate the new engines oiling system is. I'm talking from experience with all the manual oiling systems that over oil or under oil. I have seen different length cables and jam nuts on cables from the factory that weren't tight and over time started leaning out the oil ratio. So I went premix and haven't had an issue. Is it possible I might? Yes but it haven't yet so I'll continue premixing

W
Jan 15, 2017
For the costs in every direction wether keeping or deleting the oil injection at the cost of 4 to 6lbs, I would skip a few meals and save the weight by removing it from my fat arse.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Apparently you have no idea how a two cycle engine works. Which is fine. Also your saying every single oil injection system is spot on? Ratios are perfect? Absolutely not! I have seen three of thee exact same sleds all bone stock be completely different. And maybe try contributing some useful info instead of calling people out. I'll bet you won't be posting as much

Please look up "context clues".

I said: cat designed the oiling system to be spot on for the new engine. (As in injecting the oil in the right places at appropriate times)

I did not say: the ratio is spot on and 100% calibrated on every sled.

Sorry for calling you out. Next time ill subliminal post instead. Starting now:

If you are a duke fan you will have to look up the meaning of subliminal. Wait was that even subliminal?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Back in 1996, i bought a 1985 Safari 440. It had a fresh engine because the oil pump quit working. Pre-mix in that sled ever since. I still have that sled(22yrs later), it sits in the pasture, my friend forgot that it needed oil in the gas when he filled it up!
His kids rode it around the pasture a couple times and it died.
I also got a 1985 kitty cat that same year, it takes premix from the factory, that sled still runs to this day, never loaned it out to anybody. Grand kids ride it now.

Mountain Cat!

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I may just eliminate my remote -- if I get up to change the channel I eliminate all sorts of worry and problems Save some weight--may get some :pizza: at the same time and for sure know the channel gets changed:face-icon-small-dis if I could only figure out where them buttons are on that new TV:eyebrows:

And thats all I have to say about that.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i wouldnt do it on the new motor if nothing else for the reason that you lose maybe half gallon of gas. if youre doing it just for the weight, just leave a half gallon out of your tank.
why not let the computer controlled pump do its thang, should be very efficient, probably smoke way less then a premixed.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I agree with some comments of old engines, BUT that being said the newer engine that injects the bulk of its fuel ON TOP OF THE PISTON at slower speeds and only has air passing through the crank case AT SLOWER SPEEDS to me means it will starve the bottom end. No not to the point of killing it but repeated use like this to me would hurt the crank in some shape way or form.
I can tell you my 6000mile 2013 M8 died because of a injection failure the level fell off the pump. now this is my fault because I could feel something was different but kept riding. If I would have checked it would have been fine.
Don't bash me. Just my understand of the motor is oil/fuel mixture is injected only on top of piston at slower speeds it does not travel in thencrank case. Plz explain how the bottom end will get oil? I really want to know

Spider-One

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
Northwest Territories
I agree with some comments of old engines, BUT that being said the newer engine that injects the bulk of its fuel ON TOP OF THE PISTON at slower speeds and only has air passing through the crank case AT SLOWER SPEEDS to me means it will starve the bottom end. No not to the point of killing it but repeated use like this to me would hurt the crank in some shape way or form.
I can tell you my 6000mile 2013 M8 died because of a injection failure the level fell off the pump. now this is my fault because I could feel something was different but kept riding. If I would have checked it would have been fine.
Don't bash me. Just my understand of the motor is oil/fuel mixture is injected only on top of piston at slower speeds it does not travel in thencrank case. Plz explain how the bottom end will get oil? I really want to know
Wouldn't they inject 100% oil through the bottom of the case just like the previous Suzuki?

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah

Wouldn't they inject 100% oil through the bottom of the case just like the previous Suzuki?

They do. It has one line feeding the fuel line right before the enjectors and there are three more lines two feeding the reed blocks (just like the Suzuki) and one more that t's back to the tank but not sure where the other line goes couldn't tell without tearing into it more. So if it were me I wouldn't delete the oil injection on this engine, I really doubt it will oil enough threw the piston to work. But to each their own. For the guys that are gonna premix Let us no how it works out.

Last edited:

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Go to the 1min mark on the Video.
It clearly states, at low rpm the mixture is injected on top of the piston, at higher RPM the mixture is injected through the slot in the piston to lubricate the wrist pin and bottom end.

Go Trashy![/QUOT
It does not state ate the 1 minute mark that it lubricates the bottom end unless your video is different than the one i seen It does clearly state it lubricates the wrist pin.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Now im curious since it say a small amount goes to the wrist pin what is lubricating the the crank bearings

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Now im curious since it say a small amount goes to the wrist pin what is lubricating the the crank bearings

The oil going into the intake flanges and being picked up by the intake air. The other oil line feeding the back of the motor previously spoken of is probably directly feeding a bearing or two as well if I had to guess.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
The oil going into the intake flanges and being picked up by the intake air. The other oil line feeding the back of the motor previously spoken of is probably directly feeding a bearing or two as well if I had to guess.
is that them power jet lookin things sticking up from the bottom in the TBs on the ol zuke? thats gotta be the cause of the oily mess in my airbox if so. wonder if the new system eliminates most of that?

Premium Features