• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone received their 2018 MC ?

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
Anyone received their 2018 MC ? If yes, do you tried it? Do you setted your shock pressure? Rear lockout does a difference?!:face-icon-small-hap

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
dont know if this answers your question but on the demos i seen on the lockout, i couldn't get the bumper to move at all. Its a very stiff valve setting.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Dealer by me should have gotten theirs yesterday. Got to go in and check them out today.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Have not seen one in person yet but heard the tunnel green is not the same as the 16le and 17MC. Sounds like it's closer to the same color of green on the 17MC spindles, yuck! For $13/14k there should be more then one color option, in the model you want.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
They just need to keep it simple, as in BLACK! But seriously, Polaris has like 19 plastics/tunnel color combos. Not like I care about what color my sled is, but people who are talking crap about us complaining about lack of color options... how does a pink and brown sled sound to ya? :face-icon-small-ton

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I'm just looking for an excuse not to snowcheck....and color is all I got! :) That is saying something.....

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
I didn't like the pictures but I do like it in person, and to be honest id ride a hot pink sled too I don't care as long as the sled runs :)
face-icon-small-cool.gif

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Sled color

I'm also one that wishes there was a couple more color choices!
I'd love to order a 2018 mountain cat but I can't make myself order it with that green tunnel.
If the tunnel was black I'd order it tomorrow.
Doesn't sound like there's any chance of that happening so I guess I'll have to order a snopro and make it as close to a Mountian cat as I can.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca

I'd love to order a 2018 mountain cat but I can't make myself order it with that green tunnel.

Doesn't sound like there's any chance of that happening so I guess I'll have to order a snopro and make it as close to a Mountian cat as I can.

Or you could buy a black tunnel wrap.... way cheaper than upgrading the parts to change a snopro to a MC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Buy the MC and spend less than $200 for a wrap on the tunnel, make it what ever color or design u want

last

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Or you could buy a black tunnel wrap.... way cheaper than upgrading the parts to change a snopro to a MC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right.
I know I could put a black wrap on it. It's just How would you get it completely blacked out inside and outside including the rear drop bracket and front frame. There a lot of green to cover in spots that isn't easy to get at???
How durable would the wrap be inside the tunnel and on the rear drop bracket?
If the tunnel was black I'd have no trouble ordering MC.
I haven't had a green cat since 2004 900 1M.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Let just a little green show, it may look better than u think.
My tunnel is all green, my blue wrap has the green showing and i like how it turned out.

last

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
I received mine 18' MC 153 yesterday and I tried it on evening. I has a 16' M8000 LTD before.

Engine break-in are totally idiotproof, 0.3h with a shutoff at 6500rpm, the engine are very lazy until 0.7h. After it, the engine take somes performance and power. I'm right now at 1.7h, I will see after the 5.7h break-in.

When the engine pass 0.7H, i noticed that the engine has SOME bottom and mid end. When you pin in at this range, it's a BOOM. Pushing hard. Throttle response is insane.

DEL headlight are amazing. Look so good and powerful light.

New Ascender chassis look like the Proclimb chassis, but it's get on top of snow and the sled are very predicable versus my 16' LTD and buddy 17' MC

Lower exhaust side panel melt on exhaust, i will put a heat tape.

QS3 shock are the best shock i never try. I ride 3-5 psi more that my 16' LTD with Fox Float Evol. At softer setting, it's like a LXR. Middle setting it's like a ZR, and stiffer setting is like a ZR SnoPro maybe a RR. Very good feature, i will like it when i get in and out of mountain.
I dont try the lockout because i'm alone in the dark so i don't take risks

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The lockout works awesome and it has a safety blow-by valves so if you hit it with massive pressure (big jump) it will release so it does not damage the shock. Very nice feature to step off, set it, and go.

We will have an update kit for the 2016-2017 and non MC 2018 sleds available Tuesday, and then a 2014-2015 kit a few days after that. Ill make a separate post for that.

Premium Features