• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowchecks

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
So apparently the SP is seven lbs lighter then the early release sleds and the MC will be six or seven lbs lighter then the SP. The Cost difference between the SP and the MC is more then just shocks and headlight. I think the best bang for the buck will be the MC but........it will only be available with the green tunnel. IMO cat has the sled to beat for 18 but also the ugliest haha. i know some are calling it whining and that we need to get over it but for the price of these things a couple color schemes for the snow check guys would be nice cat. It's not like you don't know how may to build?

Last edited:

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
So apparently the SP is seven lbs lighter then the early release sleds and the MC will be six or seven lbs lighter then the SP. The Cost difference between the SP and the MC is more then just shocks and headlight. I think the best bang for the buck will be the MC but........it will only be available with the green tunnel. IMO cat has the sled to beat for 18 but also the ugliest haha. i know some are calling it whining and that we need to get over it but for the price of these things a couple color schemes for the snow check guys would be nice cat. It's not like you don't know how may to build?

I agree.
And it's not like they don't have the ability to add a color option.
I think the MC looks very good with a black tunnel!

ijstjohn

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
North Idaho
So did everyone hate the 17 MC as well then because there is a lot more green on that sled and it seemed like most didn't really care as much when that came out. Arctic Cats are green. I remember thinking it was weird when they came out with orange options like the King Cat way back. But most anything can grow on you over time especially if it performs good. I like the green tunnel myself and can't imagine not buying one because of the color. However, I do agree that color options are nice and everyone has a preference I get that. As someone mentioned before go buy a dirt bike and see what options you get. I want a new KX450 guess what you get one to choose from. Not trying to bag on the guys that don't like the green tunnel but when you are riding it in 3ft of pow your troubles will melt away. The 18 works!

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
So did everyone hate the 17 MC as well then because there is a lot more green on that sled and it seemed like most didn't really care as much when that came out. Arctic Cats are green. I remember thinking it was weird when they came out with orange options like the King Cat way back. But most anything can grow on you over time especially if it performs good. I like the green tunnel myself and can't imagine not buying one because of the color. However, I do agree that color options are nice and everyone has a preference I get that. As someone mentioned before go buy a dirt bike and see what options you get. I want a new KX450 guess what you get one to choose from. Not trying to bag on the guys that don't like the green tunnel but when you are riding it in 3ft of pow your troubles will melt away. The 18 works!

Yes, if you go back to last year we all bitched that they weren't available in black. But we got over it and bought them anyways, life went on. Its understandable but every post on here is whining about the green tunnel, get over it.

So sorry I offended BLUEDEVIL by this post and earned my negative post rating, boohoo

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

It's the shade of green that has me twisted. It's not the same green on the 16le and 17mc tunnel. It's the color on the spindle of the 17MC and ER18s. This picture really shows the differnce. The bumper is the 16/17 green.

IMG_1385.jpg

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Yes it's not the bright what I call Kawasaki green, it's more of a lime green. Is a bummer when your paying full price not to have at least one option. I'm sure after you have it awhile you won't even think of it, maybe... But hey if the worst thing you have to complain about is color option I'd take that as a WIN :)

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i like the lime green more than the darker myself.
its cool to hear they are going forward with some of the lightweight goodies.
Im thinking they are gonna save the big BNG for 2020, i think thats my year!

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
I think the complaining about the color options is understandable. And call it what you will whining, complaining, blah, blah, blah but the fact remains ZERO options in all models! If all the new super duties were pink would you buy one or see if Ford would offer colors? Awesome sled no doubt but leaves a lot on the table for some on appearance including me

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Anyone hear anything about a new can that might come on the MC?

Wow cats doing a amazing job informing the consumer....what a complete joke!!!

Does anyone truely know what is being snowchecked?

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Orange and black sno pro and a green and black MC. That's all we really know for sure at this point. Oh and the MC gets a led headlight lol

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
The prices were all taking the 4 year warranty which they said saved $400ish. Country Cat of course is the cheapest. The other dealer was the same price as mine last year, not sure why mine wont give me a price yet though. He said he will let me know this week. I will still end up paying the $500 more and doing business at home. Sure helps if a person needs any warranty work done, I know they have to do it but they don't have to do it right away! Need to get the 17 sold first though.....

$500 more than country cat or $500 more than the other dealer?

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I think the complaining about the color options is understandable. And call it what you will whining, complaining, blah, blah, blah but the fact remains ZERO options in all models! If all the new super duties were pink would you buy one or see if Ford would offer colors? Awesome sled no doubt but leaves a lot on the table for some on appearance including me

There are these fancy new things called wraps. There is also that fancy stuff called paint. Use your imagination.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Just what I want to do to a brand new sled. Paint it? Or spend another 5 or $600 on a wrap? Good idea xfire800. At the end of the day it's ultimately cats loss.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Just what I want to do to a brand new sled. Paint it? Or spend another 5 or $600 on a wrap? Good idea xfire800. At the end of the day it's ultimately cats loss.

Ya nobodys ever put a $500 wrap on a new sled ha. I guess if i bought a cat i'd want to leave it as is too. No sense in polishing a turd.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
all their simply saying is after spending 14k spending another 600 on a wrap gets kinda expensive not everyone has 14k to spend its a lot of money sir, also without these guys complaining the sno pro last year wouldn't of had a 3" option

Premium Features