• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

belts factory or dayco xtx

MikeM1000

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
im sure this is beating a dead horse but im back on the 1100 and trying to get this belt blowing pos fixed. getting clutchin all fixed up and alignments. but has anyone have good or bad luck with the Dayco XTX vs factory -082

R
Oct 17, 2008
Williams Lake B.C.
I always had excellent luck and consistency with the Dayco XTX on my modified M1000 pushing around a couple hundred horse. Found it better than the Carlisles and Cat 084's I think they were and Cat 060's.

Aug 20, 2013
North Dakota
I was wondering the same thing. I have blown 2 Cat belts in the last 1400 miles. One at about 800 then one at about 1400 miles. I do not think getting 600-800 miles off of a turboed mountain sled belt is bad....just looking into saving a little money when they go.

Arctic-Duramax

Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2013
Belgium, WI
I have to agree with what I am seeing from other riders. I have tried Dayco with no superior life past OEM. Last year I blew 4 belts for the season, I started with OEM and went to the Dayco after. I am going to get an OEM to start and try the Gates as my backup. I have had belts blow any where from 1000 miles to 100 miles. Side note...Most frustrating was when I put the time to break in a Dayco for 30 miles and blew it later in the same day running down some a**holes on the grade (shame on me).

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Belts

I have been lucky with my 1100. It seems to be easy on belts. I have used the Cat belts and had good luck. My question is....Who makes the Cat belts. Cat surely does not have a belt factory. They have someone make them like Gates etc. Whoever makes the Cat belts probably has a direct replacement at a cheaper price. I'll bet that "Cat" name on belts costs quite a bit.

Premium Features