• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Selecting the right track?

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
My 3" powerclaw with 1200 miles on it was missing 4 lugs so I replaced it with a camso 280 while I was doing some other things. My main concern with the camso was durability but I wanted to try it anyway. So far in 800 miles with the camso no missing lugs. I have definitely had it on some logs and things where I expected to tear them off and didn't.

As far as performance I think the two tracks each have advantages. On a stock sled I wouldn't hesitate to do the camso again. On my turbo I feel like I can spin the camso almost too fast and it digs a hole so I would probably stick with the stock and save the labor. Honestly once I got used to the camso and learned to feather the throttle a little more I've had no problems keeping it afloat. The camso definitely likes to pack a wheelie you can feel it hooking up. If you're needing to replace the 3" I would probably do the camso if your 3" is fine I wouldnt mess with it. If you have a 2.6 throw it away and either option will be a significant improvement. :car:

L
Jun 7, 2013
Iowa
I agree with jackey-boy. Installed the 162 camso 280 on my 2016 this year and had great luck with it and no torn lugs in 400 mountain miles. Back to back with a stock 2016 162 2.6 in deep wet snow the camso 2.8 definetly had an advantage and worked better. Later in the year I rode back to back with a mountain cat 162 3" and was very comparable but snow was a little more set up in most spots. I could tell the dropped chaincase helped him in some soft spots but we where both very close overall.

With that said, last year I had a summit 154 and installed a 156 X3 last year and compared it to a 162 3" M8000 and I think it is a better deep snow powder track than the the 3" powderclaw and 2.8 but it gives up alot when its set up or a base underneath and washes out and spins too easy. The 2.8 is one of the better mountain tracks I have seen for all around traction and seemed to match the 3" powderclaw in the snow we had but could definetly be better in the powder so pick your riding style and snow conditions then pick the track best suited for you.

On that note if I had to do it again I would probably try the 3.2 for better deep snow performance but its looking like I might be running a turbo next year so we will see how the 2.8 holds up under boost

Premium Features