• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adding boost gauge to sidekick

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
Looking for quick help...
Adding a VDO mechanical boost gauge to my sidekick (I have my reasons...) and wondering where the best place to run the line into? I'd do it between the solenoid and thenactuator but just not sure if the EBC will mess with it at all.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Looking for quick help...
Adding a VDO mechanical boost gauge to my sidekick (I have my reasons...) and wondering where the best place to run the line into? I'd do it between the solenoid and thenactuator but just not sure if the EBC will mess with it at all.

I have always "T" mine off of the BOV reference line.

djarvis

Premium Member
May 9, 2008
Canada
Does the VDO gauge read a stable boost pressure or does the needle bounce and flicker lots? Is there any certain or minimum length of line a person needs to run to the gauge or just whatever it takes to reach? Reason I ask is I am using an AEM gauge and the needle really bounces all over and is hard to get an accurate reading.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
VDO works flawless with no bounce. I have used a few others over the years with those issues. Went VDO and never looked back

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
Seems to put out a fairly stable and consistent reading.

Also, way cheaper to buy the gauge and then go to NAPA and get your T and vacuum line hose rather than buying their "kit".

Premium Features