• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris IQR 1000 racer / Hill sled in Michigan

O
Dec 3, 2007
SW Michigan
This sled I have owned this racer snowmobile since new, Never snowcrossed. It is very custom and has stupid $ into the motor, pipes and chassis. Super clean.
It starts with a Racer IQ chassis stretched out with a 151' 1.5 lug depth track. It has enough adjustment to fit a 144 inch track. It has 240 razor sharp 1.9" chisels. This set up provides an incredible hook up no matter ice or snow. The chassis has extra cooling for the big motor. The motor was originally put together by Iantomasi Racing then the motor and sled was shipped to Jaws pipes where the motor was fine tuned by Greg and custom pipes made for the sled. It has a stroker crank, and crankshop topend. Larger reed cage intakes were added for more flow. 200 plus hp.
With Greg's advice the motor was shipped out to Mccoys performance in California for major race porting. Custom ignition timing done at Polaris Racing. Sled has a 4 window Digitron and 44mm bored rack carbs. The The sled is an animal and a real head turner with the Retro graphics. Still has the Walker Evans shocks with custom lightend rail extentions and 9 inch wheels.
This sled really needs someone that wants to go fast, climb serious hills and just shut up and hold on.
269-5zero1-3145
$6500 OBO

IMG_4891.jpg IMG_4893.jpg IMG_4894.jpg IMG_4895.jpg IMG_4892.jpg IMG_4888.jpg IMG_4889.jpg

Last edited:

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Its a big block bottom end. 2002-2005. Crankshop cylinders require different cylinder studs. You can tell by the recoil and the coolant line under the y-pipe.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Yup it's big block ... I've rode this thing at the Hill Drags .. intense Torque is an understatement!!!!

It is Trailable also .. The owner planned to trail ride it but got A LOT carried away !!!!

I am the actual Original owner .From Polaris but he took delivery from Crate! it was bought through the race program when I was in !!
He pulled the 440 and made a 600 HO from it ..
Never Snow Crossed !!!

Pretty sure the Cases are Reinforced as well as the Studs Relocated to clear the Cylinders, Custom Crank

This isn't some garage built sled . Everything is RIGHT !! They cut the Chassis to clear the Oil Pump and spent all the time to ReFabricate it back to keep stock Regidity .. He personally took it to Jaws to have the pipes built on the Dyno ..

Last edited:
O
Dec 3, 2007
SW Michigan
IQ

Sorry for now responding on here. I was relying on the instant messenger. I did not get any emails.
The motor started from a 800 bottom end, then a stroker crank, modified 700 case, crankshop topend. McCoys did the massive porting, Jaws built the pipes with the chassis at his shop.
The sled is an arm stretcher and has much more potential. I do not have the time these days to do it.
Thanks
Steve
269-501-3145

Premium Features