• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

South Peace Caribou Draft.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I just received the following Mountain Caribou Draft for the South Peace. This is very concerning to all Sledders that ride these areas.

Chetwynd Pine Valley Snowmobile Club through BCSF will work very hard to maintain our rights to access the back country. Constructive feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

• The Draft Peace Northern Caribou Plan.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,052
Last edited:
Y
Jan 4, 2009
Looks like we will loose riding areas. The one herd near powder king had only 12 animals in the herd. Then I saw somebody hit one on the highway so then they were down to 11. Guess they better close the highway too. Some species just go extinct why do we have to save a animal that has been dying off for more than 30 years there was hardly any backcountry traffic then and they still declined. Guess they better get the wolve hunt limit raised and some better prizes also.

N
Feb 28, 2013
BC
Caribou

Just so I'm clear, you are saying the position or stance of the Chetwynd Pine Valley Snowmobile Club through BCSF is that the Club, along with the Federation, support and/or endorse the extirpation of this species.

Just so I'm clear.

Y
Nov 16, 2012
Just so I'm clear, you are saying the position or stance of the Chetwynd Pine Valley Snowmobile Club through BCSF is that the Club, along with the Federation, support and/or endorse the extirpation of this species.

Just so I'm clear.

Funny fella.

The only organization that is actively trying to kill off the caribou is the BC Government. Last year the government murdered 32 Mountain Caribou in another failed transplant into the Kootenays, including the unborn calves the cows where carrying when they died.
Caribou herds that were stable in our riding areas from 100 Mile to Bear Lake are now in rapid decline because snowmobiles are banned and the wolves have moved in. Heli-born SWAT team of concervation officers have been flying over the caribou areas looking for snowmobiles and driving the caribou down into the wolves and avalanche areas.

Any more questions fella? You just hooked up with someone that can get you clear.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008

Just so I'm clear.

Your absolutely not CLEAR! No person on the executive with the Pine Valley Trail Blazers or the BCSF has said any such thing. Get your facts straight before posting such BS. Are you clear now?

We are working with the Government and First Nations to do our part.

Last edited:
Premium Features