• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Troy Lee designs SE4 breath box

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
I am making the move to a Troy Lee designs SE4 for next season. Does any one have any recommendations on what breath box to use?

Do you really need one? I haven't used a breath box in 20 years and not one person that I ride with uses one. If you have a good enough balaclava there shouldn't be a need for one. I have found that it restricted my airflow for breathing. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
I don't wear a balacava over half the time, unless its below 10 degrees or on trail, and I don't fog on the trail. I started using a little skimpy breath box this year on my fox helmet instead of my nose piece on my scott goggles. Seems pretty good. Hate wearing a balacava

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
Thank you guys for posting. I know a lot of people don't ride with a breath box but I personally like to ride with one. On my last helmet which was a suomy I ended up using the same scorpion breath box that was talked about in a previous post. Looks like I will give that one a try again.

Premium Features