• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hose failure alert! (Coolant-hose/recoil-bolt)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Apr 8, 2015
We have two non-electric starts, one is not rubbing - the other one is badly worn. So bad that you can see the inside cord from the outside.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I took mine in to have it replaced under warranty. 4-5 week back order on the hose. I have a trip coming in less than two weeks. I had the dealer wrap it and tie it up and going to run it as is until the part shows up. I am guessing if the parts supply has been depleted there will be a recall coming for this.

R
Jul 20, 2009
Just tied mine up, it was rubbing on one bolt lower than the OP's hose was, awesome find! Just notified a couple buddy's about it, same issue. Thanks a lot!

R
Jul 20, 2009
Just tied mine up, it was rubbing on one bolt lower than the OP's hose was, awesome find! Just notified a couple buddy's about it, same issue. Thanks a lot!

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008

I am buying one of the rubber collars that are on the hose further up to protect it from the bolt there. It should do the job. It is a $5 part.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Mine isn't rubbing.

Guess mine works as designed....

032419ac3cc05bb61a30ba98d7a4d1ee.jpg

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I wonder if they just cut that black rubber coolent tube a bit to long on some of the sleds causing the whole thing to sag

Mine is rubbing which lends credence to the post above. I ordered another rubber collar like the one in the photo above. I will install it where the hose is rubbing on the Allen Head. It is a $4 part. I like that fix versus zip tying the hose away from the bolt. Zip ties break pretty easily, especially where there is a lot of temperature variance.

MountainFanatic

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2012
Wa
Mine is rubbing which lends credence to the post above. I ordered another rubber collar like the one in the photo above. I will install it where the hose is rubbing on the Allen Head. It is a $4 part. I like that fix versus zip tying the hose away from the bolt. Zip ties break pretty easily, especially where there is a lot of temperature variance.

Sliding the black rubber coolant tube further onto the aluminum one then re-zip tying could work too. Dunno though, I just zip tied mine to the hose clamp like everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Had a clients sled in the shop and noticed he had a zip Tye holding up this collar- upon further inspection noted that the zip was rubbing a good notch in the hose directly behind this collar that he anchored the zip to. It is a clamp he zipped to.
So just a heads up if others have done this.

View attachment 267595

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
SMF... Are these rubber collars actual products in different sizes for this purpose... can you point me in the right direction for this.?

In my line of work, i'm always looking for abrasion sleeves that are clean and fit well.

Thx

That rubber collar slides over the factory power grip (hose clamp).
Zip tie just holds it there.
1" alum tube.

B
Oct 11, 2011
Warranty on hose

Has anyone had Polaris warranty a replacement coolant hose on the 2016 Axys.. I ordered a new one today $130 bucks..!

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
My new '16 still has this problem. Must not of ever been a service bulletin, or i assume it to be checked prior to delivery. I wanted to zip tie it, but held off for now. Dont want zip tie to rub thru the hose, they can cut like knifes. Mine would of taken considerabke tension from a zip tie to hold it where id like it to be.

Ill prob order a 2nd collar deal thats on there and install it.

Premium Features