• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any real world HP numbers for the HO engine?

I
Nov 26, 2007
Do the math. 120 hp at 500 lbs or 270hp at 600lbs. No one rides at sea level. At 15lbs of boost its still more reliable. Polaris has fooled people to believe weight is the most important thing and for some people it is the only thing they look at. They have done so well selling this idea to people that people don't care that the most underpowered and weak chassis sled on the market. But what do I know.

I ride sea level.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I don't know where you get all your info, but I made it all season on a qd belt last year shooting for the same this year. Not many folks can truly use 15psi on a 420lb sled. Don't want to jinx myself but reliability has been good here.

I live in se CO so those are all a haul. Ride SW and central co mostly. Might be traveling in March if we don't get decent snow by then...

Last edited:
S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I don't know where you get all your info, but I made it all season on a qd belt last year shooting for the same this year. Not many folks can truly use 15psi on a 420lb sled. Don't want to jinx myself but reliability has been good here.

I live in sw CO so those are all a haul. Might be traveling in March if we don't get decent snow by then...

Is it good riding in SW CO?

M
Nov 27, 2007
Arvada,CO
Here is my concern, this engine is in trail sleds. They claim to have good reliability. Couldn't this change when this engine is pushed to the limits of high altitude here in Colorado? Willing to buy this sled, but concerned about the new motor not being proven in Colorado.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Do the math. 120 hp at 500 lbs or 270hp at 600lbs. No one rides at sea level. At 15lbs of boost its still more reliable. Polaris has fooled people to believe weight is the most important thing and for some people it is the only thing they look at. They have done so well selling this idea to people that people don't care that the most underpowered and weak chassis sled on the market. But what do I know.

Wow. Yet the Pro sold so many sleds to too so many people who had to switch brands to get on one. Before the Pros people were riding M series, Summits and boosted Apex's.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Wow. Yet the Pro sold so many sleds to too so many people who had to switch brands to get on one. Before the Pros people noere riding M severals, Summits and boosted Apex's.

They did great in sales. Polaris has the best marketing team out there. You got to hand it to them for that. Polaris RZR sales are great to. They have bought several companies in the last few year. No one had to switch they chose to switch because they thought they were getting the best with Polaris. Just like people voting for Obama they didn't have too but they did and look were that got us. If your only concerned about sale number than the 4 brands should only be concerned about flat landers. If you could get 35% of flat landers sale you would be #1 in sales.
My sister said Hi. My brother in-law said Hi.

enhanced-buzz-12398-1293952138-75.jpeg

S

Skeld

Mar 6, 2011
Bangor, Maine
The 145 number from AmSnow is what everyone will quote. Same HP they tested the old motor at. Seems like a huge let down...

prorideupper800

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2013
Upper Pennisula of Michigan
Pro Reliability

2013 Pro 2500 miles on first Quick drive belt only changed because they recommend it at 2000 mi. 2510 miles so far on second not gonna change this one unless it goes bad.Did fix it kit at 3000 in trees all day yesterday a foot of fresh pow awesome sled always warm up to full temp run cable scratchers 2.5 camo extreme not one broke lug. So a little care taken goes a long ways, and as far as being able to handle boost my buddies all run the New etec's and they can't keep them from blowing up Stock let alone what would happen with boost.

C
Dec 24, 2014
Here is my concern, this engine is in trail sleds. They claim to have good reliability. Couldn't this change when this engine is pushed to the limits of high altitude here in Colorado? Willing to buy this sled, but concerned about the new motor not being proven in Colorado.

You don't think they test at altitude? Don't worry, they do.

The engine was really the only weak link, I bet they made it right this time. Remember that nobody has successfully made a clean 2 stroke the first time out. First year e-Techs all got new top ends just like the first couple years of Pro can have issues. Much of it is fueling and oiling to meet epa standards. Let's see how Cat does with their first emissions 2 stroke.

That said, I will definitely be a spectator through the first season on the new engine. I never bought them but I remember the '05 900 and the '08 Dragon and the '11 Pro. I HOPE they have learned but that isn't much of a track record.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
The ECU has a 2hr break in mode, the 145hp was likely on a new sled that had not been broke in yet. Extra oil is also added for the first 18hrs.

Its actually 10 hour break-in period
145 h.p. +/- Brand New
a real 160+ after 10 hour break in period expires

Real World results December 2014 (2015 models)
Polaris 800 had the Quickest & fastest STOCK 800 @ American Snowmobiler shoot-out WITH break in mode

Ski-Doo also has break in mode
Arctic Cat does NOT
Yamaha not sure about, don't think anyone cares.............................

Premium Features