• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro TPS adjust

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Does anyone local have any luck with adjusting the pro tps?

Mine doesn't want to idle after it's warm and im thinking tps, throttle cable play or reeds.

Throttle cable adjustment is maxxed out so it could be that pretty easily but could just as easily be the other two haha

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Ya Donovan rips... I've talked around a little and I'm leaning towards reeds.. I'll tear her open again

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I used a 12v power supply; HERE are some notes from my process.

I have yet to ride it after new top end and the TPS adjustment. But it already idles a lot better than before. TPS? Top-end? Clean engine? I dunno, I'll see how it works when I can ride it!

Does CO have any snow? ;)

B
Jan 9, 2013
I could really use some help with this as well. Took my sled out last week after not riding for 3 weeks, and once I warmed up it didnt want to idle. Pretty much did this all day and oddly got better for 10 mins or so once I rolled the sled. Any ideas? Sorry...don't mean to hijack.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I've also built the tool so if you need it let me know. My buddy even put a plug on it so all you have to do is plug my tool directly into any 2011-2013 tps on the sled and then read the meter and calibrate according to specs...

B
Jan 9, 2013
I've also built the tool so if you need it let me know. My buddy even put a plug on it so all you have to do is plug my tool directly into any 2011-2013 tps on the sled and then read the meter and calibrate according to specs...

That would be huge if you could help out with that. I changed the plugs tonight and it seemed to run just fine at operating temp. Im going to give it a test run, but will keep you in mind if you dont mind helping!

Thank you!

F
Jan 2, 2009
N. 208
I just did 2 yesterday

2 pro 800 that weren't idling, had to keep about 1/8" of throttle to keep em running before,
.699 base, .94 idle screw, 4.1 +/- full throttle.
One pull start and perfect idle after adjustment.
gonna do mine today just to check it out.

volts, not ohms for those I told ohms.

Last edited:
F
Jan 2, 2009
N. 208
tps was a lil off

I checked my tps today just because, and it was a lil out of adjustment. dialed it back in to those numbers and runs perfect again. I am going to start checking it every couple hundred miles from now on. Might have got knocked out of adjustment when I center punched the tree at the end of last year.

B
Jan 9, 2013
I checked my tps today just because, and it was a lil out of adjustment. dialed it back in to those numbers and runs perfect again. I am going to start checking it every couple hundred miles from now on. Might have got knocked out of adjustment when I center punched the tree at the end of last year.

LOL, trees tend to knock many thing out of alignment!

Premium Features