• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse XM Turbo

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
What did you think of the 2015 TSS Instaboost or the Boost-it Etec when you rode them? Did you notice a difference between The Tial and non Tial housing?

Can't believe I am going to humor you by replying but ok here goes: So I have not been on a 2015 TSS or a 2015 Boost-it (yet) because they have only been on the snow for a couple of months. Some of the "fast" videos you speak of are 2014's with the taller gearing. Because you are a self proclaimed "expert" you most certainly know that the 2015 is geared lower and is only capable of about 70mph track speed on the flat. While the sled works great as is, I think there are some gearing options that will increase track speed if someone desires that. We ride with Brandon and the boys from TSS and we also ride with Neil and his group. They have a quality product too but I stand by my previous statement.... bold or not! Now, I have ridden OVS, Boondocker, and Aero powered ETEC's... let's just say I am very satisfied with my choice.:face-icon-small-win

You haven't answered my questions from before: which turbo ETEC's have you actually ridden? and when are you going to put the keyboard down and come show us your mad mountain skills? At least that way, you could say our sleds are "slow" based on actual experience versus some lame, unwarranted, baseless opinion. Might give you a couple of credibility points, which you could use right about now!:clap2::der::help::noidea::wacko:

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Can't believe I am going to humor you by replying but ok here goes: So I have not been on a 2015 TSS or a 2015 Boost-it (yet) because they have only been on the snow for a couple of months. Some of the "fast" videos you speak of are 2014's with the taller gearing. Because you are a self proclaimed "expert" you most certainly know that the 2015 is geared lower and is only capable of about 70mph track speed on the flat. While the sled works great as is, I think there are some gearing options that will increase track speed if someone desires that. We ride with Brandon and the boys from TSS and we also ride with Neil and his group. They have a quality product too but I stand by my previous statement.... bold or not! Now, I have ridden OVS, Boondocker, and Aero powered ETEC's... let's just say I am very satisfied with my choice.:face-icon-small-win

You haven't answered my questions from before: which turbo ETEC's have you actually ridden? and when are you going to put the keyboard down and come show us your mad mountain skills? At least that way, you could say our sleds are "slow" based on actual experience versus some lame, unwarranted, baseless opinion. Might give you a couple of credibility points, which you could use right about now!:clap2::der::help::noidea::wacko:[/
It's only humor when both people are laughing. From your rude responses I sense some tension and that I'm the only one laughing. So I won't be coming for a visit and this banter is getting old. Till next time

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
I think this sledhead 9825 is a rebranded O.T. Not worth the time of day to even respond to him.:face-icon-small-dis

Well said my friend! I was thinking the same thing.... didn't mean for anybody's feelers to get hurt though. Sometimes you have to put on your "big girl" panties if you are going to participate in keyboard racing here on Snowest.:focus:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This is the helmet cam version of the video that Zeb showed us. What the video tells me is that this was the first day out with a new sled, still being broke in and doing just fine. Even when it sounds like full throttle you can see I'm only at 3/4 or so. No reason to race up the hill.... just checking stuff out and enjoying the fresh powder. I have owned and built 8 turbo sleds since 2005 of various kinds. My Impulse Apex from last year was without a doubt, "faster". However, this sled has exceeded my expectations in every way. Kudos to Skidoo on the one hand, and kudos to Impulse for building a kit that literally runs "flawless" on this sled. Nobody beats the fit and finish, customer service, and quality of product like Impulse has on this kit. We climbed a chute later this same day and if a camera would have been on us then, I'm sure you might have been more "impressed" with the "speed" of the sleds. We weren't racing up this hill so ya, there wasn't a bunch of "speed" involved. What I see and hear is a couple of etecs running great with the Impulse kit inside.

Sounds good. Are you running stock rear skid? Any other mods?

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Sounds good. Are you running stock rear skid? Any other mods?

Stock for now. Grip n Rip S module thingamagig. Running stiffer springs primary and secondary, more weight in the primary with a shockwave helix and a skid plate! We might be testing some skid options later in the year. We will keep you posted for sure.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dave, I'm running the KMod on my 163 2014 xm. Holds the front down nicely and the ride in and out on the bumps is almost a joy. I've heard the stock 174 T3's are working extremely well with boost though! I think a stock T3 174 with an Impulse kit would be all a guy would ever need.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
I concur that the Impulse T3 174 I rode with stock skid held the front down relatively well with just the limiters pulled in.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Out with a aero t3 the last few days, we ended up raising front limiter up four positions... Attack angle looks beautiful, tightened rear skid as tight as we could go and dam was it impressive.. For a stock skid

Real sweet to throw around and he pulled some steep grades and had skis touching most of the time.. 6 lbs, 61mph track speed in the 174

never seen a stock skid work so well

T

Turbopower

Apr 6, 2008
Fred,
With the springs so stiff didn't it ride like a floor jack? I have a skinz arc on mine. So you don't sacrifice ride quality, but can still keep the front end down when needed. Also I found with the limiter that tight, in deep pow it wants to bury the front end with that much ski pressure, when you are not on the throttle.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
The Skid after doing the limit strap was very predictable, it performed similar to what I have and the added ski pressure made it smother and easier to side hill...yes I could probally be roughter on the trial, but who sets the skid for that

Taking it up a few narly climbs it held skis to snow very well even with 60mph track speeds.. We all thought it was a day and night difference over stock settings and much more fun to Boondocker or climb with, they did the same to the Boondocker kit and same outcome..

Not saying this skid will handle 8 lbs boost but at the 5 or so he was at it was great

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Taking a serous look at purchasing one of these kits, did here their was new fueling coming out, has anyone recived new tune

If one want to change boost what is involed to do it, any other info a new user should know, thanks

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
I Have not heard of a new fuel program for this set-up that would be a question for Zeb or Paul,.....

Premium Features