• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mountain fit iq/iqr hood

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
anyone have one? how well do they fit? worth the money? drop alot of weight? is there a place for the dash display to go?

thanks. pics are welcome

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
anyone have one? how well do they fit? worth the money? drop alot of weight? is there a place for the dash display to go?

thanks. pics are welcome

Yes they are lighter because of the lack of headlight, no there isn't a place for the gauges. First time the sled landed upside down the hook cracked all to hell.

Timbersled gauge mount, mounts to the handlebar and when the gauge break's it costs $300 to replace.

100_0713.jpg

100_0712-1.jpg

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
they actually do have a gauge mount now, not sure when you bought that hood or not, but i have had two of there hoods both with a stock gauge placement..it is alil differnt for the iqr hood conversion but it still works, i would never use the TS gauge for i have had the same issue one spring when i was running no hood, although it doesnt really make it a bad product as obviously it hit something hard, and would have broke if it was mounted to the hood also....

get ahold of bill at mtn fit and send some pictures of that hood, i bet he treats you right.

W

wsellars

Feb 19, 2008
Pullman Wa
If your trying to save some weight you might look into the skinz mesh hoods if you dont mind the looks. This is what I am running w/turbo and no additional vents, saves chopping up your plastics.....
IMG_0764.jpg

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
if you want the iqr look i would def. go with fastraxx carbon fiber iqr conversion hood. its a little more money but it is super light, looks bad *** and super strong! lost my sled in a chute sunday, sled went down about 600 vertical feet 40+ miles an hour hit a rock at the top of a cliff and cart wheeled down landing hood first. it bent my bumper bracket but hood is still perfectly intact.
100_4345.jpg

R
Jan 2, 2011
YAKIMA, WA
I bought one or these hoods a few weeks ago for my 08 d8 . they take quite a bit of work to make them fit properly. i cut off the the hood from the headlight back and pop riveted the same piece back on from my old wrecked hood so i could save my factory gauges, light, windshield, etc. probabally only saved a couple pounds the way i did mine. you might talk to bill to see if he has any hoods with a blemish, he lets them go pretty cheap.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I also had one on my 08 D8. I thought it felt super strong/flexible, but then I never crashed it. Fit was horrible when I got it, but made it fit ok with some trimming. Still not near as good as the stock hood. I made my own bracket for to mount the gauges by the bars, and went to trail tech lights. Light hood, but could fit better...

Sledbuildsummer2010025.jpg

Sledbuildsummer2010031.jpg

Premium Features