• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone install an aftermarket rear bumper

S
Nov 24, 2009
Sammamish, WA
Saw one that I really liked a few weeks ago on a thread listed "pics of your iq" and I just spent an hour trying to find the same thread and no luck. So, any help would be great including pics of your bumper and how you like it! Thanks

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Saw one that I really liked a few weeks ago on a thread listed "pics of your iq" and I just spent an hour trying to find the same thread and no luck. So, any help would be great including pics of your bumper and how you like it! Thanks

does homemade count?..just made this one..its out getting powdercoated right now....
Picture212.jpg

there are several on the market..van amberg, cr racing,skinz, and others...

W
Feb 27, 2008
skinz protective gear make a cool replacement bumper.lighter weight and more functional(more room for ur hands).just google their website.i bought a black one but i think they come in red and natural as well.

S
Nov 24, 2009
Sammamish, WA
skinz protective gear make a cool replacement bumper.lighter weight and more functional(more room for ur hands).just google their website.i bought a black one but i think they come in red and natural as well.

Perfect thats the one I was looking for! Is this the one that you are currently using? If so, how do you like it?

rearbumper.jpg

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
does homemade count?..just made this one..its out getting powdercoated right now....
Picture212.jpg

there are several on the market..van amberg, cr racing,skinz, and others...

Look.....no tow hitch, must not be any Cats or Doo's in AK. Dooohhhh. Just kidding.

Heres the Skinz on an 08. EW

100_6700.jpg

100_6979.jpg

100_7017.jpg

Mitch P.

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Snohomish, Wa
I just rotated the one on my '10. Wasn't any room for the bare fingers, let alone with gloves on. Didn't cost a cent.

719905640_RUtDU-XL.jpg

719905379_GFnBw-XL.jpg

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i noticed the lower hole but i didnt have the right size screwdriver. im going to do this also

the hole is circled

bla2.jpg

Last edited:
A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
That looks awesome, any price yet?

* never mind, I am blind.....Cant wait till these are available. I am getting one for sure

Last edited:
I
Sep 26, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska
I like that one. Was trying to decide between the Van-Am and the Skinz but they both are the single tube design and I've been thinking the double tube was the only way to keep the snow flap off the bumper when you bury the sled. I'm very interested in one of yours for that reason. Get that thing ready to go and I'll be ready to order one.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I could only dream of being that handy lol. good work looks good.

thanks...

Look.....no tow hitch, must not be any Cats or Doo's in AK. Dooohhhh. Just kidding.
LOL.....thats funny Eric, Honestly..just havent had time to make the hitch..but its coming..just got all the parts back from powdercoat so hopefully will get something done tomorrow....:beer;:beer;

Mitch P.

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Snohomish, Wa
i noticed the lower hole but i didnt have the right size screwdriver. im going to do this also

the hole is circled

The holes didn't quite line up on mine. I ended up using a round file and elongated the hole. Had to go fwd and up on mine. It only took about 30 seconds on each hole. Piece of cake.

S

svrdram

Jan 1, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Hey, I've been trying to find the Cobe arms and spindles for an 06 switch without any luck. Where should I look? Also any plans on the old style chassis rear handles...again for the 06.. Thanks, John

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
Hey, I've been trying to find the Cobe arms and spindles for an 06 switch without any luck. Where should I look? Also any plans on the old style chassis rear handles...again for the 06.. Thanks, John

Shoot me a pm and I can keep you up to date. I haven't released the arms and spindles yet. Also they should fit the 06 just fine since 05-10 use the same mounting points. Just different spindles and swaybars...

Premium Features