• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

max length of riser before adding cables ect? on 2008 Dragon 700

F
Nov 30, 2008
wondering if I can stack two stock risers on the sled by modifying them a bit to take the bolts all the way through the top riser and thread into the bottom riser, but I dont know if it's to much height and if I will need brake lines ect? can anyone help me out on this?

whats the bigest riser you can go with everything stock?

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
I put a stock D7 riser and Skinz 4" rise bars on my 08 D8 and only had to reroute the brake line. I roll my throttle block for forefinger use anyway which gives a little extra on that. I'm 6'-1" and it feels just perfect for me. Hope this helps.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
the most I have been able to get "safely" is 8 in. Thats with disconnecting and rerouting the brake line. Anything higher IMHO pulls the cables and brake line too tight with max turn of the steering.
Sort of depends on the lean angle of the bars also.

F
Nov 30, 2008
well put it on last night and cut off the end of the risers where the half circles for the bars sit in, re-routed the brake line to outside of the cable guide hole and now it fits perfect!

I just cut the zip ties off all the wires and pulled the cables for everything through a little further the re ziped them, should be great, going to ride today so I will let you all know

F
Nov 30, 2008
this worked out fine for me, I just re-routed the brake cable to the right out of the cable holder for all the wiring to the bars and had no problems at all.

F
Dec 26, 2007
Anacortes, WA
I tried many options but in the end I went with the stock riser with the Pro Taper bars. All I had to extend was the Brake line. I would recommend what ever you do make sure you have teeth on the riser for it will move around when you really don't want it to.

Premium Features