• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

History of the forum......

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
HAHA, Steve.
That ride will never be forgotten. LOL
On June 10th, 2002, I told my wife I was going sledding that weekend.

She laughed. "Yeah? Where?"

"HooDoo. Lot'sa snow."

"Ok, who ya going with?"

"Some dudes from the internet."

"Have you met THESE guys before?"

"Nope."

"So how many strangers from the internet are you going to go riding with?"

Still going strong today...HAHA.

Sounds like my conversation with the wife when I told her I wanted to go to Spokane and ride. I had coworkers who seriously thought they were gonna beat and rape me in the hills.....and who can blame them for worrying, what with my pretty face and hanging with the likes of hardass;)

Farmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Carbondale, CO
Snowest gave me the greatest opportunity of all, the chance to meet and marry my wife, Live2ride. :):rose: If it hadn't been for Budjr8 (now the shocker) and ProWrench setting us up, it would of never happenend. I still owe you guys. :beer;

Of course I wouldn't have met anyone off the forum, if I hadn't of met ProWrench at the Denver Snoshow back in 2004.

Man those last few pages of pictures bring back memories..... Cooke City on New Years, Forum Rides, Hay Days..... good times. Through all the good times though, Cooke City 05/06 is still the best so far. That trip was epic, I have never laughed that hard for that many days. Man was that a good time. :beer;:beer;

Back to what Hobbes said about "virtual friends", I remember the first Cooke City Ride I attended in 03/04. I remember getting ready to leave for Cooke and people asking who I was going to ride with? I remember saying I was going to ride with some "internet friends" and people giving me some strange looks. On the way up I started to think WTF am I doing.....LOL. Turned out to be one of the best things I ever did. I met, Chubby, ProWrench, Budjr8, Hobbes, hierthanu, badmax, Indy Dan, CADman (man those $uckers can drink...) and many others.

I met a ton of great people, had some awsome times and made some life long friends along the way all thanks to this forum. :beer;:beer;:beer;

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George BC
HAHAHA - I forgot about the "internet friends" conversations. I remember people talking to me about the Cooke new years trip:

"so let me get this straight - you are taking your helmet and flying to Montana"
"YUP"
"and who is picking you up?"
"some guys I met on the internet"
"and one of them is bringing a sled from Detroit lakes for you to ride?"
"YUP"
"uh - OK then... is your life insurance paid up?"

And then my flight was delayed for 7 hours so Brock, Alna and Beels decided that the best way to kill 7 hours was to wait in a strip club... my 'ride' was WASTED. 1:00 a.m. and Brock gives me the keys and tells me Im driving to Cooke... Brand new Dodge and a four place enclosed... "head that way on the freeway" he says and goes back to sleep. At least Darc stayed up and had a beer, but he didnt know where we were going either - LMAO

Farmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Carbondale, CO
HAHAHA - I forgot about the "internet friends" conversations. I remember people talking to me about the Cooke new years trip:

"so let me get this straight - you are taking your helmet and flying to Montana"
"YUP"
"YUP"

And then my flight was delayed for 7 hours so Brock, Alna and Beels decided that the best way to kill 7 hours was to wait in a strip club... my 'ride' was WASTED. 1:00 a.m. and Brock gives me the keys and tells me Im driving to Cooke... Brand new Dodge and a four place enclosed... "head that way on the freeway" he says and goes back to sleep. At least Darc stayed up and had a beer, but he didnt know where we were going either - LMAO

LMFAO,

Marty's post pretty much says it all. lol Good times. :D

M
Nov 26, 2007
Wow... thats all I can say.

Well... man, is this a cool thread. Sure brings back some memories of Cooke, and Revy. What a SUPERB group of guys too. My farm auction is booked for June 12th next summer. Now to decide what kinda sled to get. Maybe a Rev with a 999?? Hmmm.. Turbo Yammy thumper?? Or.. maybe an old beat up Yammy MM with a UB 944 in it... so a guy can crash willows, etc. Or, beels can ride it on main street Cooke..... ha ha.. Good times. Wow.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
in the words of Manny Mota....The Forum "has been berry berry good to me...."

First internet trip...never met either person, nor the people we were going to ride with...I drove my suburban to Spokane, picked up TTabs and Griz Track...all piled into my sub. and TTabs trailer... we went up north to ride with a crew in Sicamous including IDareYaRene, and revXWayne (RIP)...

was a great trip, here are a couple pics...

IMG_0511Medium.jpg

renenttabstandem.jpg

TTabsStuckMedium.jpg

TominspectionMedium.jpg

IMG_0304Medium.jpg

renejumpingtom.jpg

RIP Wayne...we miss you!! (Guy on Left)

IMG_0306Medium.jpg

M
Nov 26, 2007
holy crap... he's still alive! you actually gonna ride again bob? kids gotta be old enough to head to the hills with ya... unless you dont want him to see ya "dangle it in there"

I will ride again... yup. Not sure if it will be this year. Kid is old enough for sure, but he plays every weekend, couple games a weekend. However, he has his drivers licence now, so I am able to go places a bit. Have to wait till my auction is done. Till then, Combine and Air Drill payments kinda keep me tapped.. lol

What you riding??

G
Oct 18, 2002
GrizTrack is still out and about, busy being a dad.

Scott, thanks for starting this thread, it was fun going through it.

I like many others have met many very good people on here, some of which a close friends.

If I have time I'd post pics, but not tonight.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

"YUP"
"YUP"

Well fercrissakes Marty, Bed Bath and Beyond was closed, what were we SUPPOSED to do??? LMAO, good times there. The 05/06 Cooke New Years trip was THEE snowmobiling trip. Every sled trip I have taken since then has been a desperate search for that lost formula. Bicardi Limon anyone? LOL

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
Well fercrissakes Marty, Bed Bath and Beyond was closed, what were we SUPPOSED to do??? LMAO, good times there. The 05/06 Cooke New Years trip was THEE snowmobiling trip. Every sled trip I have taken since then has been a desperate search for that lost formula. Bicardi Limon anyone? LOL

I think there's a good reason why we can't find that formula..... ;)

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
the "I'm riding with folks on the internet" conversations were always funny....

here are a few for posterity....

Sunridge Sledhead's piggies
Kimandpigs_sm.jpg

got leatherman?
DSCF2153.jpg

some HSCC delinquents
DSCF2152.jpg

one of our first annual T-day trips to BC (this one in Sicamous B&B)
DSCF2260.jpg

some of the HSCC gals....
DSCF2934.jpg

our first trip to Revy - the BIS - we'd barely gotten off trail before this! :eek:
DSCF2504.jpg

DSCF2501.jpg

yep, good times.... I would not be the person I am today if not for the LIFE-LONG FRIENDS I've met over the past 5 years on SW..... :cool:

Premium Features