• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

shocks again....

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
trying to decide which way to go for a good ride, good deep snow performance, and soft landing when jumping and dropping. oh yeah, and not break the bank.

talked to carls cycle today and he mentions Fox Zero Pros. http://www.carlscycle.com/eshopprod_cat_2438-19673_product_251369.Fox_Zero_Pro_Ski_Shocks_-_Pola.htm

http://www.carlscycle.com/eshopprod_cat_2438-19673_product_952279.Fox_Zero_Pro_Rear_Shock_Kit_-_.htm

its only a little over $1000 to get the whole sled done. but are they worth it? he mentioned they will be a great shock for trail, powder, jumping and dropping, but he might just be a sales man too, even tho he was very friendly and helpful.

i want ashock to throw on and not have to adjust it after the first day. would shocks with reseviors be better for the skis or track shocks?

i was thinking about assault style W/E but this route would be a little cheaper... if they are a great shock. what do people think?

rmkboy38

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2008
ME
CARL'S

Those guys at Carl's wont steer you wrong. I had all my sleds set up with Foxes built by Carl's for years, & I'm on the east coast.
They will build pretty much what ever your budget will allow, big shafts, reservoirs, & set up for your riding style & weight.

My 2 cents.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Zero Pro's are excellent shocks that will take tons of abuse in all kinds of conditions. Many Iron Dog racers use them up here without issues. That's almost 2,000 miles in a matter of days, so you know they are getting a workout.

I upgraded this year and was torn between the Zero Pros from Carl's and W/E coil-overs from Tri City Performance as they were similar in price. I decided to go with the TCP shocks with dual rate springs for the adjust-ability. The Assault shocks are not valved the same as the RMK shocks, so I would recommend staying with the RMK shocks with the proper valving.

http://www.tricityperformance.net/eshopitems_cat_2332-18092-52719-75941.Suspension.htm

I

iq high marker

Dec 28, 2010
southern Minnesota
zero pros

I took off all my walker evans floats on my 08' dragon and put on new fox zero pros. I had a guy from minnesota valve them for my weight and put a 130 lb springs on the fronts. I will never go back to the floats for the price of the zero pros there cheap to rebuild for another 75 bucks you can have them shafted to 5/8 and if you dont like the valving its around twenty bucks to get them revalved. No regrets on the change good luck.

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
thanks guys. like you mentions morsno, the shocks you got from tricity are the other pair i am looking at.

the zero pros carls said they have are the ones with springs, and no resevior, where the W/E from TCP have the resevior. the zero pros are about $545 for both ski shocks. the W/E fron TCP are $660 for both ski shocks. also looking at TCP they dont show a rear track shock just a front track shock.

so is the zero pro without the resevior as good as with the resevior or is it a huge difference? as you can see i would save over $100 going with the fox's

H

highmarkco

Oct 28, 2009
W/E coil overs for rear skids.

I have a set of Walker Evans coil over rear skid shocks from a 2010 Assualt. I will let them go for $400 plus shipping. Just charged and only have 1200 miles on them. PM if interested.

Premium Features