• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99 artic cat powder special

T
Aug 27, 2008
can anybody out there tell me why i am having such a hard time selling a al most perfect condition powder special for $2500 2969 total miles on sled less than 1000 miles on 890 genesis motor???? i was at the snowest show & swap meet last saturday & i saw several sleds that were dogged for as much $$ or more than mine???

S

seth25

Jan 9, 2008
Sedalia, CO
Price is too high if you want to move it quickly. Blue Book is at $1950. The right buyer may look to buy at your price with the 900 engine, but generally, mods don't bring much of a higher price over book. It may take some patience to find the right buyer. I sold my stock 2000 Powder Special 700 in perfect shape with 2400 miles last spring for $1700.

Also, doesn't really matter what sleds are listed at, where they sell at is the most important factor. There are decent 1999-2000 year model sleds listed around me at $2500-$3000, but none are selling.

S
Dec 12, 2007
Leduc Alberta Canada
I would have be intrested but you are across the boarder. All the good sled usually are on the other side of the boarder.

That sort of age adn kms on a sled would be worth $3500 up here

It also helps to post pics on your add, that way people dont have to pm you.

Last edited:

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Paid $1350 for a mint, one owner, low mile, no road salt, 1998 Powder Special two years ago.

^That and people are acting like a bunch of lemmings and holding onto their money with the current media/economy/election crap going on.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Unless you did something to fix the straight tunnel they really arnt a very good chassis. that ETT tunnel was good for anything BUT deep snow. There were a few shops around that were cutting them and tapering them. Sounds like you have a great motor in a poor chassis to me. You would most likely get more money parting it out.

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
With a modded engine like that you may actually scare away many folks. They're worried about tuning, finding repair parts, etc. That's one reason you see a lot of folks put sleds back to stock before selling. Add-ons are worth little to the sled buyers, can scare away sled buyers (especially engine mods), and the combo of selling a stock sled plus trying to sell the mod parts in the swap meets often brings more money. I own a '99 PS and I wouldn't buy your sled for these reasons, but might buy a used stock sled for a little less than $2k.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
i know its hard to hear but price is too high, especially in this economy! nothing is selling unless your giving it away!!!

Premium Features