• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Video of 800 CFI with SLP twins!!

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
Does anyone have any video of an 800 with the SLP twins on it. I searched you-tube and found only one video that gave little indication as to how the sled ran or sounded.
Thanks
Steve

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
if you had an slp single x's that powergain by about 8 and you have a twin setup:D i went from a slp single on my D700 to slp twins theres no comparison huge difference, if your on the fence about buying them you wont be dissapointed

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
my only mods on my 700 are twins fuel box and 174, no emblems on my hood a guy i rode with a couple times last year thought i had a modded 800 twins are frickin awsome on these things, its not like rideing twin piped carbed sled where there finiky from hill to hill, they rip all the time everytime. i got the race twins with stingers it sounds like the hps can i had untill u got WOT then they scream

play around with your rpms when you get them slp recomended 8500 it ran way better at 8700 my slp single was the same way there are a couple other people on here that found 200rpms more the better they ran i wonder if our tachs are off?????

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I finally got to break in the new update with the twins and it feels just like last year. AWESOME! I actually went back to the 30% race gas version (last year I had both 30 and a 50 setup). No clutching change at all...on break in run day one it ripped a perfect 8500 on soft groomed trail and 8450 in deep sticky bottomless (but we didn't really run that much off trail because we have very limited snow and lots of land mines). Packs the skis like my old drag sled...very happy so far.

Sound wise my 660 with the SLP single HPS can sounds much cooler..the SLP twins with their 09 double to single can is very quiet and you can't even tell it has twins (except by the fact that it's faster then the same sleds with singles). My preference would be for a little bit more racey sound (dumb but that is me).

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
My yearly goal is to be able to go full blast without concern or worry on our annual time in McCall for Xmas through New Years. This year the snow is almost exactly like what we experienced last year and I think this is basically the same starting time. A lot of McCall areas that we ride are horribly strewn with deadfall (perfect fun with huge whoops, hops, short climbs, and awesomeness when there is snow) and extremely treacherous until we get another 3 feet plus.

Anyway..I'm still super happy with the simple no engine mod twin pipe setup for this application. It's fast enough over the single pipe non race gas setup that it's worth the hassle of fuel when you calculate how much it costs parts wise to get this kind of performance. (comparison pump gas turbo or full port with single and a bit more compression but still pump gas)

I have put a data logger for this sled but didn't get time to set it up for this run. I'll have it on line by the next trip so that I can see if there is anywhere in the fuel map that can be improved. (the main goal for this time as a shakedown run and I really don't want to mess with stuff until I know I can hammer it for a long duration) Have a Power Commander V that I'll install if there is any room for improvement. I had a 5800 - 6000 midrange spot that after a long long full out run would hesitate when you were coming back at it. Once again since I didn't have EGT's I don't really know what was up.

This run I could find it again but not near as dramatic. Also because of break in run it wasn't quite time to start in on that project yet. Now I'm ready to start looking at the system and learn the ins and outs of the 800 EFI so I'll know for certain how it's running from top to bottom. I could feel a slight hesitation again this run and it comes on as you get lower in elevation with a hotter motor. Leads me to believe this is a mid or transitional lean condition but once again that is just guessing until we see EGT reports. This was at 5800 feet and the temps were diving and down 15* as it started to show up again. The only time this stuff shows up is on the trail racing and at about 5000-6000 feet around 25* or colder. Full out super strong at 8500 and then you release to 5800 - 6000 and it acts boggy...you let completely out and come back on just fine. On a hill climb or or free ride up a boondocking style climb it seems great and I could never make it show up.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Are you guys also running SLP's power dome billet heads with the twins? I will probably be getting these on my next sled and I just noticed that on SLP's website they "highly" recommend them.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Mine is just a stock 2010 head with a cut for compression. Last year they offered two options. Carl's recommended to me that I run the 30% for the new stuff. So far I can't tell the difference between last year at 50% and this year at 30% with the new head. The sled pulled the same clutch package as last year without a problem on the break in ride.

It would be really fun and interesting to get several of these different performance packages together and compare.

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
Mine is just a stock 2010 head with a cut for compression. Last year they offered two options. Carl's recommended to me that I run the 30% for the new stuff. So far I can't tell the difference between last year at 50% and this year at 30% with the new head. The sled pulled the same clutch package as last year without a problem on the break in ride.

It would be really fun and interesting to get several of these different performance packages together and compare.

I'm in. Trinities????

Premium Features